Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Cigarette butt assumptions. David back to his asshole self.

I ignored everyone the rest of that day. I went home, collapsed on my bed and tried to sleep. But of course, I hear the laughs of Kevin and Liam next door. I toss and turn, then groan. Thinking of possible ways to get them back for ruining my nap. Finally I gave in, sat up and glanced out the window to see what the hell they could possibly doing. What I saw is them leap frogging over each other. Really? With Liam's little brother.

"Monique!" My dad was out back as well, I groaned.

"Hold on, let me change!" I reply, wearing only booty short boxers and my long sleeved shirt.

"No, now!" Was the response I was given, thus I quickly rushed out back.

"Yeah?" I ask, shoulders slouched forward.

"Why the hell are there cigarette butts by your door?" He growled, gesturing to the couple of butts on the ground. I rose my brow, glanced to see Liam and Kevin, then turned my attention back to my dad.

"I have an idea," I started with my suggestion, yet of course being a father didn't listen.

"So do I. I didn't think I'd say this, but you're going to David's. Your mom and I are going on a business trip for a couple of days," he hissed with a shake of his head. My jaw dropped as I stared at him with watering eyes.

"But it's Christmas break!" I concur, at which he put a hand up.

"I don't want to hear it!" He screamed.
"So help me, Monique. You better not be smoking."

"I'm not! But of course, you wont believe me!" I shrieked back and went inside my room. I flipped off the boys next door and slammed my French Doors shut; surprised the glass didn't break.

"What happened?" My mom nosily came into the room, looking around.

"I think the boys next door freakin put cigarette butts next to my door outside, dad saw and now I have to go to David's for Christmas break!" I cried out, like a child and huddled my pillow.

"Monique," she sighed, sitting at the edge of the bed.
"You're too young to smoke."

"Mom, I'm not fucking smoking!" I spat, having enough.

"Watch your language!" She scolded, sitting up right.
"It's like I don't even know you."

"You don't," I choke out.
"You send me off to David's all the time. You're gone all the time."

"That is no excuse to be disrespectful," she reminded. I stared her dead in the eyes and simply shook my head. When a word wasn't said, she got up and left. I exhaled sharply, staring out at the boys again. Kevin stood there with his arms folded, and a grin upon his face. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone, sending David a text. Soon followed a call.

"Yes?" I ask, knowing full well that it's David.

"So you're coming out here for Christmas?" Was his grumpy voice.

"Yes, why?" I replied. "Don't want to see me?"

"Not exactly," he sighed. I furrowed my brows and sat up.

"And why the fuck not?" I hiss.

"I have company, my parents aren't exactly home and you're going to fuck it all up." Ouch.

"Company?" I repeat. "Oh so you've gotta girl you wanna bone?"

"Monique, we aren't dating. We're just fucking," he reminded. I glanced at Liam with a smile and shifted my eyes to the end of my bed.

"Right you are, David," I agreed. Biting my bottom lip. "Fine."

"Fine," he repeated childishly.

"Still doesn't change the fact that I'm coming," I state.
"So enjoy it."

"What ever," he hissed and hung up. Wow. Really? I slammed my hands on the bed and laid back. Is everyone in a pissed off mood? I closed my eyes tightly and let out deep breaths.

...

Bags packed. Father with an apologetic look. Mother with a hopeful smile. Liam standing outside to watch. Then myself, hands in my pockets...waiting.

"They said they'd be here by now," my mom muttered glancing at the clock.

"Well maybe they've reconsidered?" I inquire.

"Be more positive," my mom scolded when a vehicle was heard. Great it was David in his truck.

"Hello," he greeted, getting out.
"Didn't you know they're out of town?"

"David!" My mom overly enthused greeted, giving him a big hug.
"How are you?" Nice topic change.

"Good and you?" He replied, accepting the change of topic.

"You drove here?" My father looked worried, and it made me snicker.

"Bet you hit ninety," I teased knowing it would upset my father even more.

"Ninety five," David corrected with a grin.
"And yes sir, I love driving."

"Great," my dad scowled. He doesn't have a reason to be upset, because he's the one who made this happen.

"Well we better get going," David sighed. "The weather here doesn't look too well, and I don't want to hit rain on the freeway. It was already drizzling over here."

"Bad weather too?" I was hopeful that my dad might be reconsidering.
"Maybe they can just stay here?"

"What?" My mom gasped, turning to my father.

"If his parents aren't home, we wont be home. Either way it doesn't matter," he reasoned. "David make sure she doesn't smoke a cigarette, or anything."

"Cigarette?" David quirked a brow.
"Is that what happened?"

"Shut up," I quietly demanded.

"Well I can vouch that she doesn't like cigarettes," David lied. Was he hoping that he would be free from this?

"Great, David probably smokes too!" My dad exclaimed, slapping his hand to his forehead.

"Hey!" David cut in. "I don't smoke! Not cigarettes anyways."

"Excuse me?" My dad was pushed back from my mom and they quietly talked away from us. Then my mom had a phone to her ear and David was glaring at me.

"Got caught smoking? How dumb," David snarled.

"Thanks for assuming, asshole." I glared. "But it so happens that Kevin and Liam set me up."

"Kevin did," Liam rapidly approached.
"Not I."

"And you are?" David cut in, glaring at Liam.

"Liam Loveford, I live next door." Liam gestured to his house.
"Kevin is the jerk here, not I, my love."

"Well I appreciate it," I sigh. David looked Liam over then rose a brow at me.

"Either way, I'll beat Kevin's ass for you." David shrugged.

"Good luck," Liam winked then hugged me.
"I'll tell your parents for you that it wasn't you."

"And who will you say it was?" I whispered back, while we hugged.

"I'll say it was me," he chuckled. "I'm of age."

"Eh no thanks," I politely declined.
"It still wont change their decision, it'll only make them dislike you for littering."

"Then I'll tell them it was Kevin," he evilly grinned.

"And get him pissed at you?" I snorted. "Stop being nosy, and get."

"I love it when you tell me what to do," he winked and walked back to his house.

"Stalker alert?" David teased.

"Don't be jealous," I scolded. "It's unattractive."

"Oh, ha, ho." A weird expression was on David's face after he played off what I said, when he glanced back towards Liam and shook his head. My parents came back and my mom was smiling widely.

"Well sweet heart, you are staying here!" She squealed.

"I don't even have clothes," David grimly rejected.

"We still have an old box from your old clothes, your parents always felt it was best that we kept them." My mom sure is pushy. I rose my brows and glanced at David, get out of this one fucker.

"But I have obligations back home," he frowned.

"David Porter." Oh got mom to say the full name, you're in for it now.
"Don't be argumentative and come inside. It's cold out."

"Yes ma'am," David grimly listened and followed us. I grabbed my bags and put them back in my room.

As I unpacked, my door opened and my dad came inside.

"David is sharing your room, no funny business. So help me, if you get knocked up Monique!" My father warned, at which I laughed.

"I love you too," I reply, hanging my clothes back up. David soon appeared with a box, and dropped it on the middle of my floor.

"This is just fucking great," he cursed.

"I'm sorry, did this disrupt your booty call?" I mock, hanging my last shirt back up.

"Actually it did, I was going to see what it was like having sex with someone that isn't you," he rudely replied. I glanced at him with a hurt expression and furrowed my brows.

"And become the man whore everyone believes you to be, that's cool." Everything Liam said makes sense now, shame.

"Excuse me?" He growled.
"Who says I'm a man whore?"

"Oh don't act like you haven't heard!" I screamed.
"Name one person that doesn't! That's the real question."

"Fuck you," he spat.

"Fuck you too," I winked then kicked my suit case under my bed.

"This shall be an interesting time," he commented as I headed towards my door that leads outside.

"That it does," I agree.
"Especially since you've gone back to your asshole self."

With that I walked outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! Sorry it took so long for me to update. >_< my apologies.