Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Fiening on New Years Eve Day.

David and I didn't even talk, not through Christmas and not even on New Years Eve Day. The silence was reassuring and yet depressing. So here I am, awakening on the last day of this catastrophe of a year, fiening for my last day of drugs.

"I'm going out!" I hollered, opening the house door.

"Where?" David finally spoke. I was shocked by his verbal response, possibly taken back if you will, that I stood there gawking at him. "Okay then, don't answer and continue this childish silent treatment."

"I am going to a friends house," I finally spoke, after realizing how stupid I must have looked.

"Which friends?" He inquired, tilting his head to the side. It was then that I noticed he sat on my couch in only boxers, making himself at home. I quirked a brow then let out a breath, slowing closing the door.

"Do you want to know what under ware I chose to wear? What I plan to be doing, every movement and at every hour?" I sarcastically reply, a sly grin on my face.

"The under ware might be helpful for later, if I so chose to seduce you. As for your schedule, I don't care." He thought of himself as smooth, the typical David I grew to love and hate at the same time.

"Ha, ha. Did ya already forget what I said like what last week?" I hiss, then rolled my eyes. "I'll see you later."

"Monique!" He hollered, but at the time I already exited and successfully slammed the door shut. With a proud strut I walked off my property and prepared myself for the long journey it would take to Aiden's house.

...

The sweat that I created from my jog over there was annoying. I tried to compose myself the best as I could before knocking on the door, but unfortunately failed.

"Nice surprise," Aiden chuckled, looking me over.

"Hey it was a long ways away, okay?" I laughed and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Don't you have my number? I would've picked you up," he reminded with a grin.

"Damn," I cursed. "Didn't think about that, oh well."

"What's up?" He asked, sensing the urgency.

"I was wondering something personal?" I awkwardly asked. I hadn't talked to anyone else about drugs or anything of the sort, now that I wasn't back home I felt way out of my element.

"Yeah?" He continued to stare at me while blinking.

"Is it safe?" I question, looking behind him for any sign that his parents were around.

"Duh, they're gone," he laughed. I eased up and slouched forward.

"Monique?" I heard, then glared at Aiden.

"Izzy?" I reply as she appeared.

"What are you doing here?" she sighed, making her annoyance known.

"Just here for a quick reference, not gonna take up too much time," I assure. She rolled her eyes and looked me over, waiting for me to explain. "I was wondering if you guys had anything?"

"Anything?" Aiden chuckled.

"Remember we were talking about Connect at school?" I cough, clearing my throat as it became dry. I felt nervous, for no one knew what I did unless they did it with me and not many people I accept doing drugs or knowing my business.

"You want some?" Aiden caught on, a glint in his eye.

"Yeah, kinda, I was wondering how much?" I question, licking my dry lips. Again, not used to prices or anything either.

"Five bucks each," Aiden reasoned. I knew that was cheap, and probably because Aiden is a friend of mine is why he was giving them to me at that price; even though I didn't buy the products I knew that five bucks was a good deal.

"Yay!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around him.

"You came all the way for that?" Izzy scoffed then disappeared in Aiden's house.

"Don't mind her," Aiden chuckled.

"Did I interrupt something?" I quirked a brow, giggling.

"No!" Aiden immediately declined.

"Liar," I tease.

"Monique," he pouted, looking me over.

"No, no. I'm only kidding, I honestly don't care," I assure. I thought that would make him happy, but instead it seemed to have offended him.

"Well come inside, I don't want to do this at the door," he ordered, pushing me inside. He shut the door with a little too much force and had me wait inside the living room. "How many did you want?"

"Twenty bucks worth?!" I holler back. After a while Aiden returned with a little baggy, I handed the money over and he glanced over his shoulder to see if Izzy was in sight.

"I threw in a little extra, but shh," he whispered with a wink.

"Thanks," I quietly reply, giving him another hug.

"I'll have my driver take you home," he stated.

"No thanks, I can walk," I politely decline, stuffing the goods in my sock.

"That's a far walk," he reasoned.

"Not even an hour walk," I scoffed with a grin.

"Yeah but damn near close," he argued. I rolled my eyes and gave in.

"Fine," I growled. It was probably best that I made him feel better anyways, plus he probably wanted the driver, whom I assumed was sent to baby sit him, to be gone. Literally he put the phone up to his ear, and mumbled a few things then hung up.

"Okay he'll be out there right now, also happy new years, Monique," Aiden stated then gave me a hug. I laughed until he squeezed my butt, then I squealed and shoved him.

"See you Aiden," I waved and left the house. The driver sure enough was parked outside, I got in with a smile. "Thank you."

"No problem sweet heart, I had nothing better to do today anyways," the driver grimly spoke. I questioned how he got into this job, being probably mid thirties if that. I politely smiled and stared out the window as he drove.

"Sorry," I sheepishly apologized.

"It's not your fault, I at least get paid good money," he reasoned with a smile.

"I bet," I encouraged his positive outlook and continued staring outside.

"So how long have you known Aiden and the family?" I could tell he was lonely, and probably didn't talk much.

"Since birth," I laughed. "I hadn't seen them for man, I think like five years? Maybe more?" I guessed with a smile.

"Reunited?" He chuckled.

"Yes sir," I agreed.

"So what's your name?" I wondered if he had driven a taxi before.

"Monique," I answer, almost causing him to swerve off the road.

"Sorry," he apologized staring straight ahead.

"Was there a dog?" I ask, looking out the windows.

"No, no. Monique, aye?" I nod. "Like Monique Jensen?"

"Yeah?" I quirk a brow, then cleared my throat.
"Have we met?"

"No, Aiden just talks about you," he mused. Figures.

"Oh," I nervously giggle.
"Yeah we were like best friends."

"Yeah, he's missed you a lot. I'm glad you moved down here," he said the last part with a little uncertainty.

"Same here," I lie. I actually missed being home, I miss Gaby, and Connect with a passion. Especially Nate.

"Well I believe we are here?" He assumed, being five houses down.

"This is good enough," I thank him and got out. "Well thanks for the ride, I'll just walk from here."

"Was I too far off?" He was embarrassed, at which I laughed.

"For probably not getting directions, you aren't that bad. Just five houses down," I laugh.

"Did you want me to just drive you there?" He inquired, causing me to laugh.

"I actually walked all the way to Aiden's, I don't mind walking five houses," I chuckled.

"Well then," he was shocked, his mouth open and everything. "Have a good day!"

"You too!" I holler back and started my journey to my house, not before checking my sock of course. With a grin, I skipped to my front door and went inside. Finding David asleep on the couch, lazy ass. I rolled my eyes and hurried to my room, closing the door behind me and hid my stuff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update the chapter, I'm working two jobs right now >__<