Status: -probably won't be constantly updated until my other Josh story is finished.

Fallout

Someone Like You

A few days later, Jaiden found her self standing in the nearby grocery store debating on what she wanted to cook for dinner. Her friend was coming over to visit her, probably to congratulate her for finally getting rid of Anthony, and have a nice meal; they haven’t seen each other due to Anthony’s dislike of the girl. She knew it was crazy listening to him about how she shouldn’t be friends with the girl, and had almost done it with Anthony’s constant nagging about ending their friendship.

If ending her friendship would shut him up, she would do it.

“Jaiden?” a hand waved in her face. “Are you alright?”

Jaiden brushed a loose strand of hair away from her eyes, before turning her head. “Josh, hey.”

Josh ran a hand through his black and blue hair. “You okay? You seem a bit dazed.”

The blonde sighed, “Fine… just debating on what to make tonight.” Josh nodded, probably thinking that was why she was lost in her thoughts, and had the far away look on her face. “What are you doing here?”

Josh groaned softly. “My friends think it’s cool to eat all my food when I’m not home.” Jaiden giggled softly. “I don’t understand why they come to my place all the time when they got people waiting for them at home.”

The blonde bit her lip. “You’re their friend, they must have a reason why they’re always there.” Josh shrugged his shoulders before quickly glancing around them. “Are you okay?”

Josh laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck, “My friends are around.”

“Oh.”

It wasn’t that he was nervous that he was talking to a girl with his friends around, he just didn’t want them thinking that it’s something when it’s complete the opposite. As much as he should be over Amanda, he just couldn’t give up on her. He had loved her, and that wasn’t something he was going to let go very soon.

“If you need an idea, I love pizza.” Jaiden caught the underlying tone in his voice, and smiled at him. “Homemade pizza to be exact.”

“Thanks for the idea.” She playfully winked at him just as some voices were calling his name. “Looks like your friends are about to find you.” Josh shook his head chuckling before excusing himself to go to his friends. She had thought it was odd that he didn’t want his friends to see him talking to her, but she just brushed it off. She didn’t know Josh, and he sure didn’t know anything about her.

That could change, she thought as she went around the store grabbing the ingredients for creating a homemade pizza.

Image


“He sounds pretty cute.”

Jaiden blushed, remembering her encounter with Josh at the grocery store. “He is.”

“And he goes grocery shopping! That jackass you dated never went with you.” Jaiden rolled her eyes as she checked the pizza that was in the oven. “He was never really good for you, Jay, I don’t even know what you saw in him –hell, all that fucker has is good-looks but that ain’t gon’ get him far.”

“Rae, I don’t want to talk about him.”

“I understand.” Rae agreed, though Jay knew that her friend could rant and ramble about that man for hours. “Out of sight, out of mind.”

“Exactly.”

“So,” Rae leaned forward, giving Jay a smirk. “Tell me more about this Josh fellow.”

“He’s really nice, but I think there’s something off about him.” Jaiden turned the oven off once the timer signaled that it was ready, and placed the pizza on the mitts she had placed on the table for cooling; she didn’t want the hot tray to burn her kitchen table.

“Like?”

“His eyes are sad.” She found herself muttering when she thought back to the two times she had talked to him. “It’s like he’s trying to detach himself from something, but can’t.”

“Ex-girlfriend?”

“Maybe.” Jaiden shrugged. “It’s none of my business, anyways.”

“Not yet.” Rae whispered, slicing the pizza into equal pieces. “You’ve ran into each other twice this week, you’re going to be friends soon enough.”

“I don’t know…”

“Trust me Jay, you’re an amazing person, and he probably needs someone like you in his life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
How I pictured Rae.
Comment?(: