Status: Still working hard

Woodlands

Chapter IV

By the end of the day, I made ton of friends and I even have a soon-to-be boyfriend. Life is going perfectly; it would be even more prefect if my parents were here to see how happy Chase is making me.
When I got home I was smiling, Rose looked at me funny as I floated by her. “Hey,” she says nonchalantly.
“Hey, Rose,” I said as with a big smile.
“Why so happy?” she asks sipping her afternoon coffee.
“You’re not going to believe it.” I say leaning over the counter till my face was close to hers.
“Try me,” she leans in with her elbows up on the counter and her chin in her hands. She was attentive in the topic now, curiosity taking over her.
“I’m going on a date Saturday,” I bit my bottom lip, holding my breath to see my sister’s reaction. I have only gone on a date once before, and it didn’t work out. But, I have a good feeling about Chase. A connection that I have never felt before.
“No way,” Rose said, her eyes told me that she truly didn’t believe me.
“I’m serious!” I said as Rose started to get up to walk away to her room with her coffee. “Why don’t you believe me?”
Rose stopped in her tracks; she turned around to look at me. “You’re not this type of girl to get a date on the first day – I am.”
Once Rose walked out of the room, I rolled my eyes. Why couldn’t I be the ones to get the boys for once?
I walked by a wall length mirror that stands right before the staircase going up. I abruptly stopped before moving away from the mirror. I hesitantly, cautiously looked up into my own eyes. They shined bright green with hope; I searched my heart-shaped face and dared myself to look down at my body. My body is shaped like an hourglass, which I didn’t mind; I just wished that I would be a little taller.
I laughed to myself remembering Chase thinking I was a freshman. I looked up at my face and saw that my cheeks turned bright red. I gasp almost gluing myself to the mirror to get a better look. I admit, I looked really cute with the natural blush, but at the same time I cursed myself from not feeling it when the blood rushes to my cheeks.
I turned away from the mirror, feeling totally and completely happy. I ran up to my room I suddenly felt my hands take my clothes off and onto the floor. I felt like I had no control of my body, every movement that was happening had no connection with my brain. The next thing I knew I jumped off my balcony and ran into the forest. The only pleasure I felt was the wind shouting out my name, rejoicing my being in the woodlands.