Status: completed.

Caught Up In You.

New Friends.

"Ok, but I mean, if you had to listen to one for a month would it be country or rap?"

"Rap." I answered as we walked slowly down the street for the third day in a row. It was now one of the things I looked forward to.

"Why?"

"Why? Because it's betta than country! What would yeh pick?"

"Country."

"How?! That shit would drive meh mental!"

The small girl shrugged before speaking, "They're better looking."

"Bloody hell..." I mumbled shaking my head causing her to laugh.

Being around her felt like nothing new. Like I had been around her for years. It was comfortable and I was starting to enjoy it.

"So, does your girlfriend live with you?" She asked and I chuckled as I tugged on Benji's leash so he'd slow down.

"No. She's gone for her job a lot and when she's not, I am. So yeah..." I answered honestly. It wasn't my thing to tell people about my personal life, but with her, it was different.

She gave me a nod as if she understood and I took that opportunity to speak, "What but yeh Soph?"

"What about me?"

"Yeh got a boyfriend?"

She shook her head no and I gave her a grin, "Why not?"

"Because, boys here are stupid."

I laughed, "All it takes is one bloke to ruin us all huh?"

"Well, boys here are stupid minus you." She said chuckling.

"Fanks love. If yeh don't mind meh askin' how old are yeh?"

"21. Why?"

I shrugged, "Juss curious."

In all honesty it was because she came off as care free and happy which immediately reminded me of being a teenager. Not that it would change anything if she was, it was just that usually we lose that care free side once the adult world takes over and we have to face reality. I sort of envied that she still carried herself that way.

"What are yeh doin' tonight?" I asked.

"Dog sitting."

I chuckled, "I fink yeh can take a few houas off."

"And do what?"

"And come ta one of my mates parties. Maybeh yeh can find a guy that isn't stupid."

"Oh, but you're friends with them so..."

"Hey!" I said elbowing her lightly causing her to laugh, "Kidding."

I chuckled as we reached her house and I helped her put the dog inside yet again.

"So yeh will go?" I asked shoving my hands in my front pockets. She seemed to be in thought as she bit her bottom lip and I studied her face realizing I hadn't really had a chance to.

Her eyes were a bright blue and her dark lashes seemed to just make them brighter if possible. She was a stunning girl and I was a bit taken aback by the fact that I just realized it.

"Ok." She finally said and I smiled, "Great. Be ready by 8." I said grabbing Oskar's leash from her.

"Ok..."

"It'll be fun. Don't worrah."

"Ok, ok. See you in a bit." She said with a grin and I waited until she was inside before walking to my house.

Tonight was going to be interesting.

Once 8 rolled around I pulled on my jacket and headed across the lawn to get Sophia.

I knocked twice and shoved my hands in my pockets as I waited. I was kind of excited to take her out simply because I wanted my friends to meet her. There was no doubt that they would like her.

"Finally." I said once the door opened.

She rolled her eyes and I stepped back as she came out and closed the door behind her.

"Yeh look lovely." I offered up a complimant and in return she flashed me a smile, "Well thank you Oliver."

I chuckled as I followed behind her to my car.

"Nervous?" I asked as we got in and she laughed, "No? Why would I be?"

"Cause yeh won't know anyone."

"It's easy for me to make friends."

"I believe that." I said chuckling.

We finally reached my friends house and I ushered her to the door where I knocked once before just opening the door and walking in. A few people were here but not enough for it to be considered a party yet.

"Matty?!" I called out, placing my hand on Sophia's back in order not to lose her.

"What am I? A dog?" He asked as he popped out from the kitchen.

"Well..."

Matty glared at me and Sophia began to laugh causing his eyes to go directly to her.

"Well, this isn't Tiffany..."

I chuckled, "Nah, it's my next door neighba. Well temporarily."

"Hi, I'm Matt." He said holding his hand out for her.

"Sophia."

He flashed her a smile as he shook her hand and I looked around the room trying to find my brother.

"Tom's on his way." Matty responded as if he could read my mind.

I nodded and he looked back at Sophia. Clearly he found her as attractive as I did.

"I'll get yeh two a drink." He said before walking away.

She looked up at me and I gave her a grin.

"Who's Tom?"

"Oh, it's meh brotha. He's yeh age actuallah."

She nodded and I threw my arm over her shoulders right as Tom walked into the house.

"Yeh ok?" I asked him as he walked quickly over to me.

He nodded and his eyes shifted to the girl beside me. A confused look crossed his face as his eyes diverted back to me.

"Tom, Sophia. Sophia, Tom."

He gave her a smile, "Pleasua ta meet yeh."

"She's dog sittin' Benji." I said with a grin.

"Oh! Ok." He said as if it now made sense.

"Here yeh go." Matty said showing back up with drinks. Sophia thanked him and my phone began to go off in my pocket.

"Be right back. Keep her company yeah?" I said to Tom who just nodded in agreement. I chuckled and stepped out onto the porch before answering my phone.

"Hey love." I said leaning against the wall with a grin.

"Hey, are you at Matty's?" Tiffany asked and I spoke, "Yep. Why?"

"So you are there with some girl?"

I groaned. This was her one problem. She didn't trust me like she should.

"Yes, Tom's bird." I answered.

Ok, so I lied, but I knew if I told her the truth she would make it a bigger deal than it was.

"Oh."

"Yeah, so tell yeh friends they can stop spyin'." I said a bit angry that instead of just calling and talking to me she was calling to call me out on something.

"Oli..."

"Look, I've got to go." I mumbled before hanging up.

I sighed before walking back in and seeing Sophia laughing with Tom and Matty. She clearly wasn't shy.

"Who was that?" Tom asked.

"Oh, Tiffany." I said rolling my eyes and he gave me a quizzical look.

"One of her friends must be here because she called me askin' meh why I'm here wif a girl."

"And yeh said?..."

"She's yeh girlfriend. I didn't feel like arguin'."

Tom chuckled, "Well, ok."

I nodded and looked back at Sophia who was talking with Matty.

"She's brill huh?" I said with a grin.

"Yeah she is. Brill and bloody fit."

"Well, she's single, Tom. Go for it." I stated taking a sip of whatever Matty gave me.

"Nah. I fink she migh' like Matty."

I chuckled, "Maybeh. I'll find out."

I watched Matty and Sophia and by the way he was looking at her I knew he clearly liked her. He grabbed her hand as he spoke and he lead her off some where causing my eyes to shift back to Tom.

"Ok, maybeh she does." I said laughing.

"Should've gotten here earlia!" He said shaking his head as he walked to the kitchen.

I guess if her and Matty started something that would mean she would be around more often which I was perfectly fine with. In fact, this would help me out as well, because I couldn't imagine not talking to her now.

I couldn't help but keep an eye on her all night although she stayed with Matty the whole time. I just felt the need to. I sipped on a beer and chatted with a few people here and there. Drinking usually was my thing, but I couldn't get drunk with her here. Myself wouldn't allow it.

Once the crowd started dwindling down I knew it was probably best if I got her home along with myself. I forced myself up and sat the bottle down on my way to find her.

"Oye, sorrah ta break up yeh lil chattin' fest but I'm leavin'. Yeh ready?" I asked once I saw her standing near Matty on the back porch. She nodded in response and I gave her a grin as I held my hand out to her. She quickly grabbed it and I pulled her to me.

"Lata mate." I said giving Matty a smirk and he rolled his eyes.

"Did yeh have fun?" I asked her once we got in the car. She clearly had a few more drinks then me, but she wasn't wasted so talking to her became amusing.

"Yep. Thanks for bringing me."

"No problem, love. Do yeh fancy Matty?"

She shrugged and I chuckled, "Yeh know yeh can tell meh."

"I know, I'm still deciding."

"Oh does fings like that take fought process?" I teased.

"Yes! I mean, he's cute and everything but I have to make sure it isn't just the alcohol so tomorrow I'll decide."

I laughed, "Smart bird yeh are."

"I try."

The drive back home was silent and once we parked at my house we got out and I met her at her door.

"Thanks again." She said wrapping her arms around my torso as she hugged me. I froze up as she did so and I had to force myself to talk, "Yeh welcome lil bird. I'll walk yeh to yeh door."

"No it's ok."

"Nah I want to." I whispered ushering her across the lawn.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow I'm sure." She said with a grin and I chuckled, "Something tells me that's true."

She smiled and leaned up pressing her lips to my cheek, "Goodnight."

"Night Soph." I mumbled watching her walk inside and shut the door.

I breathed in deeply before forcing myself off the porch.

Why did this now make me nervous?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's safe to say they are now friends of some sort! :3

Thanks for commenting;
RipssaRadke
Hellxoxsunshine
Liesforaliar.
Lexin3d
Singmealaugh
As Above_So Below
ASinerAndARocker
Twilight'shaze
Hopetothehopeless
Acey5592