‹ Prequel: Memory Lapse

Better Than Revenge

Taken

Image
LIZZY’S POV
I was pacing the expansive living room at the Cullens’ nonstop. Everyone tried to calm me down but nothing was working. Nothing could work until I had my daughter back by my side. “You said that Tony went to get her,” I snapped at Leah. “He was supposed to be keeping an eye on her.”
“He did,” she defended. “He went to get her from the cliffs then he was supposed to be here. I don’t know what’s taking them so long but they should be here soon.”
My dad stepped in front of me and grabbed my shoulders. He and Billy were the only other humans with me and it was actually kind of nice to know that I wasn’t completely surrounded by the supernatural. “You need to relax, honey. You’re not any good to Andrea if you’re so tense.”
I pulled away and ran my hand through my hair. I was going to go grey if this trouble with Jane didn’t stop soon.
The door opened and I spun around as quickly as any vampire could move. I chewed the inside of my cheek and waited for a moment to see if Drea would walk through the door. I watched as Renesmee and Dylan walked in with Tony slung between them and my stomach tightened with each step they took.
“She wasn’t there,” Nessie said in a voice so broken that it would have broken my heart if there was anything left to break. “They took her.”
I choked on a sob and crumpled to the ground. “No,” I cried. I hugged myself but I would have still fallen apart if it wasn’t for Jacob’s strong arms wrapped completely around me. It was deathly quiet as everyone let that little tidbit of info settle in. Drea was gone. That thought alone made me sick to my stomach and I instantly knew how Jake and Bella had felt when I’d been missing for nearly a month in Volterra. My daughter was stronger than me but she didn’t have anyone looking after her like I’d had Tony those long weeks under Volturi watch.
“Lizzy, we’ll find her,” Bella said gently as she gently patted my hair back like I did for her so many times when we were young and she was scared.
I raised my head up to meet her golden eyes that were once nearly identical to mine. Oh how times have changed. “I’m getting her back. I don’t care what it takes.”
“Liz they’ll kill you.”
I shrugged. “I don’t care, Rosalie. You’ve all risked your lives for me so many times because you love me. It’s my turn to save her.”
Jacob pulled me closer to his toned chest before I could get up. “And how do you propose to do that?” I could see the fear in his beautiful brown eyes of losing me too.
I took his face in my hands and met his steady gaze with a determined one of my own. “You and I are going to go look for her. You can track their scent. We can do this together. I promise, Jake, we will find her and bring her home.”
He sighed. “But I can’t lose you either. I know that if the choice comes you’ll take her place. Promise me that I’ll bring you both home.”
I kissed the tip of his nose. “Of course. You can’t get rid of me that easily.”
I didn’t care that everyone was watching or that we were probably both about to walk right up to death’s door. I kissed him deeply and let the butterflies flutter like when I was young and first fell in love with him. My family meant everything to me. I’d nearly lost it when Jane and her witch Daphney had tried to take it but I hadn’t given up then and I sure as hell wasn’t giving up now. Jacob and my love was stronger than magic and it was strong enough for this. Together, I knew that we could get Andrea back.

ANDREA’S POV

Everything hurt when my brain started functioning again. My eyes slowly fluttered open and even the small amount of light that in through the grubby windows hurt my eyes. My nose twitched from the mildew, dusty smell that combined with the saccharine scent of vampire that tarnished the air. I heard the groaning floorboards and fluttering curtains at the windows and there was definitely no sound of the ocean. As my eyes adjusted to the light I could see that the room I was in was disgusting. There was no furniture but it looked like at one point it was a living room. The entire place was black, burned by the looks of it. I was alone but I couldn’t exactly take advantage of that with my hands chained behind me to a cement support beam and a gross cloth stuck in my mouth.
“Oh, you’re up,” Jane’s voice said pleasantly as she and her brother entered the room. Alec didn’t even look my way and I felt a new wave of betrayal. He definitely lost whatever trust I had in him.
My brown eyes turned hard as ice. I growled and heat ripped down my body, the wolf just below the surface of my skin waiting to break free.
“I wouldn’t if I were you,” Jane smirked. “You see, those chains tying you up are stronger than you, even as a mutt. I’d imagine that by shifting the only thing you’d accomplish would be dislocating your shoulder. But be my guest and try it.”
There wasn’t much I could do but glare up at the pair. I wiggled my hands but the chain was tied too tight and was easily cutting off the circulation to my fingers and struggling only made my wrists raw. I had a string of curse words that would have given Mom a run for her money but they couldn’t hear a single one with me gagged. Being their prisoner sucked.
“Oh, will you shut up already!” Jane huffed.
My head felt like it was on fire. I screamed into the cloth and my eyes were popped wide with the pain. If she insisted on doing that then I didn’t know how long I was going to last in the dilapidated old house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... i feel like I'd already posted this one too 'cause i remember saying how much i still love liz... anyway, enjoy and comment! lovz u!!