Status: Complete!

We'll Have An Old Fashion Wedding

One year

“I don’t know why you wanted me here for this.” He said as he carefully followed her around the show room of plates. He felt like a bull in a china closet most of the time but at the moment he was indeed in a big ass china closet. “You know I’m a paper plate and red solo cup kind of guy.”

Angela sighed shifting her binder to her him her free hand picking up a plate to show him. “Bobby, I’ve told you about four times already you’re here because this is a co-decision. This is going to be out formal china for life, we’ll pass it down to our kids. It’s a big deal…” she paused letting out a sigh “at least that’s what I’ve been told.” She passed him the plate she had picked up. It had a thick black line on the edge and a thinner silver line within.

All he could do was shrug when looking at it. He was tired from practice and the last thing he wanted to do was consider a lifetime of formal dinners. He lifted his eyes from the plate to meet his fiancée’s “I’d eat out of a trash can forever as long as I was doing it with you.”

She made a face looking at him “Stop being gross.” She said elbowing him in the side as she took the plate back. “It was a good try though. You can go outside if you want I think this is the one.”

Marriage, Bobby thought to himself. That was a good idea. He loved Angie and she loved him. They had been together four years now and he wanted her forever, he wanted to be a ‘them’ forever. She was the perfect kind of golden haired girl with brown eyes that glowed when the sun hit them. She was tan but not in the kind of scary way. She was natural thanks to the obvious use of sunscreen and obvious tan lines. Yet somehow her cheeks and nose always remained just the slightest bit pink. She was the girl that made him believe he could be a good man, could be a Dad, could buy horses for Christmas, pay to board the thing all season… she was the girl that he wanted to be bound to in every way forever. ‘How did that forever get to be so complicated? Families, teammates, wedding planner, bridesmaids, groomsmen, china picking lady… everyone seemed to have an opinion on everything. Dresses, chairs rentals, churches, reception, band or DJ, open bar, fittings, flights, hotels… there were a million things to do and decide yet none of them were actually relevant. ‘he thought as he took a seat on a bench outside the shop. He knew she was doing the ordering part which would no doubt be something that would make his eye twitch.

“Bobby, earth to Bobby… come in bobby it’s Angie.” She said waving her hand in front of his face.

“Sorry, which one did you pick?” he asked giver the overstuffed binder she held on her hip a glare. He hated that stupid thing that seemed to run and ruin their lives lately.
“The most expensive.” She teased. “No really the black and silver for here and the mixed colors for Idaho.” She said sitting down next to him resting her head on his shoulder. He smelled of Irish Spring shower gel and the Burberry Sport she had gotten him most recently.

He nodded but said nothing shifting his arm so it was around her shoulders and she was pressed to his side. He was pleased she picked the colorful set for the Idaho house. It was the place he considered home the most anyway.

“Another thing off the list.” She said with a sigh patting the book on her lap. “One set closer to burning his bitch.”

“Seriously, I can’t wait to put it in the fire pit in Idaho.” He agreed giving her shoulder a squeeze.

One year till the wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi ya everyone! Thanks for reading the rest should be here shortly. I hand wrote it so really I just need to not have an aversion to typing. Thanks for stopping by I'd really appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. :)