Status: Active.

Neighbors.

Neighbor that visits here.

11. 14. 2o13

"You haven't changed much," Billy smiled, his voice thick and raspy. He was still warm and ancient, with deep wrinkles and wispy hair. "It's good to see you."

The smile was unbearable, "Likewise, Billy." It wasn't hard to be yourself in front of person who changed your diapers once or twice.

He looked at me—like, really looked at me. It wasn't a judgmental sort of stare but a look that gave away some unknown story. "I need you to help me, Charlotte," He said, his voice grave and sincere. "I need a favour."

I almost said 'yes' so easily. On any other occasion, I know he would've asked for me to wheel him down to Sues, or cook him some actually food. But the way his face fell into something so desperate, it was hard to put all of my will-power into helping him just this one time.

I took in a slow breath, "With what?"

I held that breath in until he finished, "You do know that I'm grateful you're here." He said, but he wasn't quite done, "Jacob.. well, he.." Billy couldn't seem to form words. "Alright. A few years ago, Jacob hit rock bottom—no, he was not doing drugs. Or into alcohol. He.. he fell in love and she broke his heart. He.. found someone else," He snorted, seeming as though he were disgusted to be speaking about this, "Anyways, she's no good for him. He won't admit it—it's so deeply ingrained into his head that he had to be with her. That it's his duty."

I exhaled loudly, and stared at a brown spot in the carpet, "And you need me too—"

He smiled kindly, his eyes lighting up at the thoughts running through his head, "Show him that there's more to life—bring him out of his trans. He's robotic, acting only when she needs something from him. He goes to her everyday, all day. Then comes home late and wakes up to do it again. Some days he doesn't even come home—"

I felt almost bad for my cynical thoughts, Get a clue, old man. He's getting it on/

"Billy," I nearly laughed, "He's almost twenty-three. He's going to do that.."

He shook his head, "You don't know him anymore, Charlie." It was almost offensive, but I realized that I hadn't been in La Push for ten years—I didn't know anyone anymore. "Thing's have changed. Just.. talk to him. Bring him out of this on-going state of nothing. Help him."

I slowly shook my head, "Are you sure he even wants to be helped?"

He opened his mouth, but stopped when we heard the front door close. "Remember what I told you, Charlie." He turned to face the hallway as his son walked in—tall, tan and handsome in all his glorious muscle. Jacob definitely wasn't a teen boy anymore—Jacob had transformed. He had become a man.

It surprised me that he wasn't married yet.

"Remember what?" Jake asked. He reached over his fathers shoulder to grab one of the large apples off the small kitchen counter.

Billy looked at me quickly, almost desperate that I keep it a secret. Obviously, Billy wasn't fond of lying to Jacob.

So I would have to.

I smiled, "Your dad was just reminding me about how often I used to visit—how I practically lived with you." It felt wrong lying to him—I felt dirty and heavy. It was sickening, and what made matters worse—

"The neighbor that visits here."

Was that he believed me.

It was just habit to fidget with my hands. Jacob was so tall and powerful, now. In a sense, it made me very uncomfortable. But on another hand, no one had ever made me feel to delicate—so fragile. Like I was easily breakable but extremely valuable. "Well," Billy began to roll himself out of the kitchen and into the hallway. "You kid's have fun. Jake, don't trash my house. You have one of your own." He stopped a looked over his shoulder to me before he disappeared. "It was nice seeing you, Charlotte."

"I won't wander far, Billy." It was hard not to smile. He was just that kind of man—like a father to me.

More of a father then my own.

Jacob watched as his father left, then waited until the sound of the television took over half of the house. He then turned his face to me, cocked an eyebrow and let his lips twirl upwards to reveal the childish smile that he would always carry. "Since when are you and Dad 'bff's'?" He wasn't demanding, just merely curious.

Jacob's father had meant a lot of things to me. Ever since I could remember, he was there. He fed me. He let me complain. He fixed me when I was broken. For a long while, Billy had always been family. "He just understands me, that's all."

He bit into the apple in his hand and watched me. "You know, it's so odd having you back."

Thanks, Jacob. I'm so happy you feel the same way.

"Don't look at me like that." He laughed, "You know what I mean."

I cleared my throat and looked up at him through my eyelashes, "You have your own house now?"

He chewed on another bite of his apple and nodded, "Mhm," After swallowing, he said, "It's not much. Just a small condo by the Diner."

"Sounds amazing." In reality, it did. I wish I could run away—have my own place.

He seemed to agree, "It is. You should come check it out sometime."

I looked over my shoulder. Outside, the sun was just barely hitting the tall mountains. "Well, what about now? I mean—if it doesn't bother you."

"No, no. Yeah, sure. Uh—I mean—" He paused when I laughed at him. He rolled his deliciously large brown eyes and held out a hand, "C'mon. I'm pretty sure Sue will want you back sometime."

♥ ♥ ♥

"Flowers? Really?" I touched the red comforter, eying the matching drapes and pillow cases. "I never knew you were in touch with your feminine side, Jacob."

He sighed, "They aren't flowers, they're circles with designs in them."

I shook my head, "They're girly. And they're red."

I had to admit, I thought his house would be small and messy. In reality, he had an amazing house. His bed was huge. It had to be—Jake was nearly 7 feet. There was carpet, and two nightstands placed on either side of his King size bed. The only laughable thing about his room was the feminine bed fitting and the drapes.

The rest of the house was basically one room. The living room sat furthest from the bed room. Two low, wooden rocking chairs with thick cushions. They faced the small fireplace, and set above the fireplace was the television. Closer to the windows in that small, confined area was a small, square table with four tall stools.

Again, there were drapes on the window, and they had flowers on them. "You really are a girl, aren't you?"

The bathroom had no windows, and was cramped. The toilet and sink were blue, the mirror on the wall was framed in wood and the bath was small.

"I don't see why it matters. I mean—I've never really brought anyone here before." Jacob looked down, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

I waited until he looked at me before I said, "Never?"

He shook his head, "It's my only escape. I bought it the moment I turned eighteen. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad," He sighed and leaned against the wall, "But I needed somewhere to call my own."

"Who decorated it?"

He shrugged, "No one. I got all the furniture. The bed, the chairs, the table and stools. All the bedding and the drapes were my mothers."

Jacob's home had sentimental value.

His face sunk the slightest bit and I wanted to kick myself for saying anything. "It's incredible—really."

He looked disbelieved but asked, "You think so?"

I nodded, "I wish I could have somewhere to call my own." I sat myself down on one of the chairs, "Your place is so homey—it's so you, Jacob. It faces the forest, it's unique. It's.. simple."

He snorted, "It was the only thing available." He seemed comforted with me in his home. Like the idea of me permanently sitting in this chair didn't bother him the slightest bit.

Hell, that didn't bother me at all.

"You know, Charlie, you should really think about getting your own place. You know—getting away from you dad. You're old enough now to live on your own." He chuckled darkly, "Hell, you're old enough to be married with kids."

I wrinkled my nose. I didn't have a problem with kids—I just found that they hit an age where they became bratty and ungrateful.

He sat down in the opposite chair, "Don't want kids?"

I shook my head, "Don't want brats." Outside, the sun had set and the moon was full in the sky. "I should probably get going."

Before I made it to the porch, Jacob stopped me to give me a tight and welcoming hug. "You can be the neighbor that visits here."

He wanted me back.

"Then I'll be here tomorrow." And the thought of spending my days with Jacob Black thrilled me.
♠ ♠ ♠
likelikelike? Comments make me update faster !<3