Join Me In Death

Chapter Twelve

The warm, red liquid flowed past Ville’s lips and he coaxed more out, savoring the flavor as it slid smoothly down his throat. Bam could here his loud sucking and gulping as the blood left his body through the painful holes in his flesh.

Bam whined. “V-Ville…” He hadn’t expected it to be this frightening. Everything was fuzzy and the wound hurt like a bitch and… it just didn’t feel right.

Ville pulled off of him, growling. “Shut the fuck up and stop fighting it.”

Bam closed his eyes and whimpered. This isn’t my Ville… I never should have agreed to this.

Ville blinked and shook his head. He licked the pooling blood on Bam’s neck and kissed it gently. “I’m sorry…” he whispered sweetly. “I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that…”

Bam could tell his voice was laced with something but it made him feel so much better. He immediately relaxed and was lulled into a happy, trusting dream state. Ville continued to suck the blood out of him until he could feel that Bam’s heart had nearly stopped beating. He pulled off again and slit his left wrist with one of his razor sharp fangs.

He held it up to Bam’s mouth. “Drink this, Bam-Bam…” Bam opened his mouth to let the blood in but he didn’t have enough energy to suck it out. He choked and spluttered as soon as the taste registered with him. “No, Bammie, you have to drink it. Come on…”

Bam didn’t have enough energy to really disagree, so he just accepted the foul tasting liquid. When Ville thought he’d had enough, he returned to sucking at Bam’s neck. The younger man was practically unconscious. Ville had to work to bring the barely pumping blood to his lips.

The vampire finally pulled away when Bam’s heart had stopped beating completely. He blinked and stared at his lover- pale, slumped back against his bed, his life stolen. What… What have I done?

He felt like he’d just snapped out of some bad dream. “No… No, this wasn’t supposed to happen…” He thought out loud. “How did I let this happen?”

His thoughts were racing. How do I cover this up? Footsteps coming towards the door sent him into a complete panic. He kissed his lover’s dead lips quickly and picked him up, carrying him to the window. He opened it and straddled the windowsill, pulling Bam out. His head turned as Bam’s door opened and his wide eyes connected with Dunn’s.

“What the..” Dunn started and Ville hurriedly pulled his other leg over. Dunn blinked and charged at him, his instinct telling him to protect Bam. Ville quickly dropped to the ground, landing two stories below as though it had been just a few feet. Dunn could do nothing but watch as the Finn threw his friend over his shoulder and sprinted away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bam blinked open his eyes. He was laying face down on a soft bed with dark sheets that he didn’t recognize. He slowly sat up and stretched, rubbing his eyes and looking around his dimly lit surroundings. He was in a room he’d never seen before and he couldn’t remember how he’d gotten there. He felt strange… and his stomach was aching for food.

He heard a foreign chattering coming from another room. He recognized it as Finnish even if he couldn’t translate it and he could tell that whoever was speaking was obviously aggravated.

He walked out to see Ville facing a thin blonde man. The two were arguing in the all too familiar language until the blonde saw him. Ville followed his gaze and turned to see Bam. He said something in Finnish and Bam smiled tiredly.

“English, baby?”

“Oh… right.” Ville laughed. “I said ‘You’re awake!’” Bam nodded, still smiling. “How do you feel?”

“Weird. And hungry. And what’s going on?”

“Here, I’ll get you something to eat,” Ville responded, attempting to avoid Bam’s question. He grabbed a bottle out of the fridge and handed it to Bam.

“What is this?”

“Just drink it.”

Bam nodded and opened it, taking a sip. He swallowed and grimaced. “Is that blood?” He was disturbed to find himself wanting more. Then he remembered everything. Ville dying and then showing up in his room. Finding out Ville was a vampire. Ville turning him into a vampire. All those memories came back to him so fast that he was dizzy.

“Yeah, it’s not human, and it tastes better when it’s fresh, but- Bammie?” Bam had sunk to the floor, holding his pounding head in his hands. Ville kneeled down next to him. “Bam-Bam?”

Bam looked up at him, his blue eyes innocent and scared. “I’m a vampire.” Ville nodded, his eyes full of sorrow, and the blonde man snorted.