Join Me In Death

Chapter Thirteen

Ville spat out a few Finnish words at the man, who glared at him.

“Who is that?” Bam questioned, clutching Ville’s hands in fear.

“Another vampire. We met up in Finland… We were changed around the same time.” Bam just nodded, the same scared look still haunting his face. “Let’s go back to bed, Bammie.”

Bam allowed his lover to lead him to the bedroom. “Where are we?”

“A little place we found. It’s underground, so no windows.” Bam nodded, swallowing hard as he remembered he’d never get to see sunlight again. He laid down on the bed and felt Ville’s arms wrap around him. “I know it’s scary, Bam-Bam, but it won’t be so bad in a few days.”

Bam was silent for a while, just resting in Ville’s arms. “You know what’s funny?”

“What?”

“I’m still kinda scared you’re gonna bite me.”

Ville smiled and scraped his teeth lightly on Bam’s neck. His lips moved to Bam’s ear as he whispered “Rawr.” Bam just giggled quietly and Ville nuzzled him. “I think we should try that, actually. We could bite each other. I hear you get quite the rush when you take another vampire’s blood.”

Bam didn’t respond, just reached up to examine his own fangs. Ville heard a sniffled and squeezed him.

“I never g-got to say goodbye… to Phil or Ape… Dunn, Dico, Raab…”

Ville bit his lip, causing his own fangs to press against his skin. “I know, Bam. I’m sorry.”

Bam shook his head. “No… No, I wanted you to. I want to be with you, Ville… Forever. Did I have a funeral?”

“No, I just took you.” Ville was holding Bam’s hands and rubbing them gently with his thumbs.

“Oh… I wish I could have said goodbye… But I guess you can’t really walk up to your friends and say ‘I’m going to run away with my vampire lover now, goodbye everyone.’ They must think I just ran away to kill myself somewhere or-”

“Well, actually,” Ville began, but was interrupted by the blonde man running in and shouting something in Finnish. Ville sat upright suddenly and answered him. Bam noticed the panicked looks on both their faces.

“What is it?”

“Someone’s here,” Ville explained, getting out of bed.

Bam blinked and followed suit. “Someone human, you mean?”

The blonde nodded. “How could someone have even found this place? And I thought you said it was impossible for a human to get down here!” Ville shouted at him.

The man replied in a thick Finnish accent. “Well, it’s possible, but highly unlikely-”

“Highly unlikely doesn’t help us now, Jonne!”

“Jonne?”

“His name. Maybe you should stay here, Bam.” The door slammed open and they all turned in the direction of the noise.

“You left the door unlocked?!” Ville hissed.

“Of course I didn’t leave the door unlocked!”

They were too busy arguing to notice Bam sneak over and open the door enough to peek out. “He went into a room over there,” he whispered, pointing at the bedroom wall in the direction of the room.

“What’s that fucker doing in my room?!” Jonne growled, his voice at the same volume as Bam’s so as not to be heard. His eyes widened. “I have stakes and holy water in there.”

Ville blinked. “You keep stakes and holy water in your room? Why do you even have those?”

“In case another vampire shows up. I have weapons to take care of humans, too.” Ville rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, that really helps when you’re not in there! Now he’s just going to see them and think we’re dangerous.”

Jonne just stared at him for a moment. “We have fangs. He’s going to think we’re dangerous anyway. I wonder if he’s a vampire hunter…”

“Oh yeah, it’s not bad enough that a human somehow found his way into our home, now he’s hunting us!”

“Well-”

Bam turned and pressed himself against the wall. “Guys, he’s coming out of the room.”

Jonne looked at the door for a moment. “I’ll go.”