Join Me In Death

Chapter Fourteen

“But he could-”

“Bammie, just let him go.”

Jonne narrowed his eyes. “Oh, thanks.” He watched his own room intently as he crept out into the main area.

He startled the human as he appeared suddenly in front of him. “I don’t believe a warm welcome is in order, seeing as you are breaking and entering.” He noticed the small metal weapon in the man’s hand and couldn’t help but laugh. “You’re no hunter.”

The gun was raised up to eye level and Jonne glared. “You fuck up my face, I eat you alive.” The gun was lowered to chest level as the man gulped. “That’s a little better. But either way, you won’t get the effect you’re hoping for.”

“Where’s Bam?”

The vampire blinked, cocking his head slightly to the side. “What?”

“Bam. Fucking. Margera. I know that creep brought him here. Where is he?”

“Who are you?”

“Ryan?” Bam inquired as he emerged from the bedroom with Ville close behind. Jonne was increasingly confused.

“You know him?”

Bam nodded slowly. “He’s my best friend…”

“How cute,” Jonne replied sarcastically, starting towards his own bedroom. Ryan jumped and pointed the gun at him again. “Remember our little deal about me eating you?” He nodded and lowered it slowly, allowing Jonne to return to his bedroom in peace.

“Dunn, what the fuck are you doing here?”

“I came to get you! I got on my bike as soon as that lying bastard-”

“That what?” Ville exclaimed, looking offended. Dunn glared furiously at him.

“What kind of sicko fakes his own death? Do you know what kind of hell you put him through with that stunt?”

Ville glared back and Bam sighed. “Ryan, he didn’t-”

“Don’t make excuses for him, Bam. Let’s just get outta here.” Dunn grabbed his friend’s wrist and pulled him to the door.

“Dunn-” Bam started, hissing with pain as Ryan threw the door open and the sunlight hit his arm. He jumped back and looked away to shield his eyes from the brightness as he rubbed his burned arm. Ville went to him immediately, examining the burn.

“Just a sunburn, baby, you’ll be fine,” he assured before turning on Dunn. “Close that fucking door!”

Dunn nodded and closed it, watching Bam with concern. “What… What’s wrong with him?”

“Well he’s got a sunburn now, thanks to you. It could’ve been worse if you’d kept him there longer.” He kissed Bam tenderly. “I’ll go get you some lotion, okay?”

Bam nodded and Ville walked back to his room to find lotion. Dunn looked as confused as Jonne had only moments earlier.

“Dude, what just happened?”

“Haven’t we covered that part already?”

“Well, yeah, you got burned, but… how? You were in the sun for about two seconds.”

“Ryan… Me, Ville and Jonne-”

“Who’s Jonne?”

“The one who you pissed off by going through his stuff. We… we’re not human.”

“… I’ve known you forever, and you’re gonna tell me you aren’t human?”

“Well I was human then, but-”

“What the fuck are you on, Bam?”

“I’m not on anything. We’re vampires,” Bam explained bluntly, seeing no other way to tell him. Dunn stared at him for a second before bursting out laughing.

“Vampires? Sure, Bam. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I’m a werewolf.” His laughter grew and Bam crossed his arms.

“You are so not cool enough to be a werewolf.”

Ryan just kept laughing. “Vampires… Wow, Bam. Are you like… ten?”

“Do you want me to bite you ‘cause you’re starting to piss me off.”

“Ooh the scary vampire is gonna bite me.”

Bam grit his teeth and Dunn was able to see fangs that definitely weren’t there before. He started to wonder about whether or not this was really a joke.

Ville walked back out with lotion and gently applied it to Bam’s arm. “He’s not worth biting, baby.”

“I bet Jonne would do it.”

Ville thought for a second and nodded. “He probably would.”

“… Are you guys seriously vampires?”

Bam just rolled his eyes.