Join Me In Death

Chapter Six

“So what’re you gonna do now?” Bam asked softly after a few minutes of silence.

“Huh?” Ville had been gently running his hands through Bam’s hair, which was desperately in need of washing.

“Well you can’t go back to the band, can you? Everyone thinks you’re dead. Everyone. The pictures of you in the hotel and you in your casket and all that are all over the internet. It’s not like you can keep releasing new records and playing shows and all that…”

“I… I know. I can’t even see any of them ever again. Not the band… Not anyone.”

“But… you came to see me.” Bam looked up at him from his resting place on Ville’s shoulder. Ville smiled at him.

“I couldn’t stay away from you, Bam-Bam. I came just so I could see you one last time… But you were in so much pain… I had to talk to you. Hold you one last time…”

Bam’s eyes widened. “One last time?? What do you mean?”

“Well I can’t stay here forever… Hiding in your closet every time someone comes in? Slipping out your window at night to find some little tiny rabbit or something… You spending the rest of your life in this room, hiding me from your friends and family? We can’t tell them, Bammie...”

“But-“

“There’s no other way, love. Trust me, I’ve thought about it. Even if bought myself a house near her, and covered all the windows, and there were enough animals nearby… Even if you were able to visit me all the time without anyone noticing anything… What would happen when you got older and I didn’t?”

“But… Ville… I need you.”

Ville sighed and wrapped his arms around Bam’s waist. “When was the last time you showered, Honey?” His attempt to change the subject worked flawlessly.

“Uhh… A week ago, maybe? I haven’t left my bed in a while… Except when I went downstairs…”

“To get completely pissed?” Bam shrugged and nodded. “Well, why don’t you go take one now? I’ll wait for you…”

“But what about-“

Ville cut him off again. “We’ll talk about it later, love. For now just go de-stink yourself.”

Bam pushed himself up, sticking his tongue out and disappearing into the bathroom.