Join Me In Death

Chapter Eight

Bam sat at the foot of his bed and ravenously devoured his sandwich after April left a second time. She had forced him to promise he would eat it, insisting that he was getting much too thin. After spending a few minutes convincing her he didn’t want to talk to anyone, she finally left, but not without a tight hug, kiss on the cheek, and a motherly “I love you.”

Ville sat next to him on the bed. “She’s right… You’re practically skin and bones.”

Bam shrugged. “I haven’t been eating much…” He held the last bite of the sandwich up to Ville. “You hungry? Or… I guess you wouldn’t eat this even if you were…” Ville nodded in agreement as Bam ate the last bite himself. “You… You’re not hungry, are you?”

Ville gave him an icy glare. “I’m not planning to kill you, Bammie, but if you keep this up I might have to.”

“Sorry…” Ville rolled his eyes and looked down at his hands. “I… I’m really glad that you’re back…”

Ville’s expression softened and he smiled sadly at Bam. “I’m not back, Bam. I just came to see you… And you needed to know I didn’t kill myself. I was happy with you. I loved you, Bam-Bam. I still do, but we can’t be together like this… You know that.”

Bam nodded. “But what if… you change me?”