Join Me In Death

Chapter Nine

“I can’t…”

“You have to be able to… Just like someone else changed you.”

“Well I have the physical capability, Bammie, but I just can’t do that to you.”

“Is there something wrong with me? Is that why?”

Ville sighed. “No, that’s not it. I would never want you to be like this.”

“What? With you? Immortal? Spending eternity living happily with you instead of wasting away in misery… Yeah, I can see why you wouldn’t want that.”

“Bam, this isn’t living! This is a curse… Having to hide from the sun, from the world… Never feeling satisfied unless you’ve painfully sucked the life out of someone who could have people that love them… People’s whose lives are destroyed because of your own sick hunger. Think about how you’ve felt the past few weeks… Imagine causing that. Is that what you want, Bam? Do you really want to be this thing? You’d never be able to see your family or friends again… No more professional skating career… No more Castle Bam… Is it really worth it to live forever like this?”

Bam bit his lip and stared at the wall, just thinking about everything Ville had said. Was it worth giving up everything he’d always known to hide forever as a plague on the Earth?

He knew the answer to that question within seconds.