Status: short story, complete

I saved myself for you.

2/2

It's his hair that Vic sees first. Peroxide-blonde without so much as a root showing, and even his eyebrows aren't dark. Vic thinks his hair must be dyed. But for the moment he'll assume it's real. He walks to the counter with some confidence, but when he sees the boy smile, he freezes. Vic thinks he's paying for something he must've done long ago because this isn't fair. He can't even remember what he came here for in the first place, so he settles on asking about the clothing. He realizes, too late, that he stuttered. He silently curses himself and his nerves as he clears his throat and begins again. The boy's handing him paper, and it's not until he's almost out the door that he realizes that what's written on the paper isn't what he asked for. He's about to turn and notify the boy when he realizes what the ten digits mean. He's grinning like a madman when he pulls out his phone, fingers skimming over the keys too quickly, too eagerly. The reply comes quickly, and Vic thinks he just might die when the boy tells him to meet him at the food court in 15 minutes. It's a nice feeling, he thinks. The butterflies in his stomach, the smile that won't leave his face. He knows it's the boy- Kade, that's what was on the paper. It's those blue eyes, that blonde hair, that smile. Vic can't keep the grin off his face when he leaves the store he doesn't remember walking into and heads to the food court where Kade is already sitting, waiting for him.