A World Behind those Eyes

12

O ------------------ S ------------------ O

The first thing I did when I woke up was open my eyes and scream. Instead of seeing nothing but darkness like I always did, I was blinded by a bright light that stung my eyes and an assortment of colors and shapes. I cautiously opened them again and gave them time to adjust. My eyes widened when I realized that I could see. I quickly stood up and laughed. “I’m not blind anymore! I can see!” I turned around to the sound of laughter to see a tall boy walking towards me. His hair was snow white with dark black streaks on the ends, his skin was a bit tanned and as he got closer I could see that one of his eyes was a light blue while the other was black.

“Your awake!” I smiled as I recognized the voice , Terran.
“I can see! Terran how did this happen?!” My eyes flicked to his tail as it swished back and forth. It was black with a white tip, the opposite of his hair. I watched the way his wolf like ears tilted towards the sound of my voice.
“Well umm…I kind of gave you a part of my sight when I…bit you.”
“Huh?”
“Come on follow me.” He walked out of the cave and I followed him into the forest, watching everything around me.

“I love the way the trees look, so strong and I love all these colors.”
“How do you know what everything is if you were blind?” I rolled my eyes at him.
“I wasn’t always blind, I wasn’t born unable to see. I could see up to until I was 5 and a half.”
“Oh, what happened?”
“I fell into the river, banged my head against some rocks and almost drowned.”
“That’s terrible Syel!”
“Yeah well cause of that I somehow went blind. So where are we going?”

“To a small pond just past this tree. Your not afraid of water are you?” I flicked my head back and forth as a no and followed him to a small body of water. “Okay now look at your eyes.” I did as he said and gasped, .my eyes were blue, a light blue , just like Terran’s eye.
“They look like just like your…ah…one eye.”
“Yeah that’s cause they are. I had to, in a way, give you my eyes in order for you to be able to see, but that also means that I can take it back if I want to.”
I ran to him and hugged him. “Thank you Terran! This is so great of you!! You can still see though right?”
He nodded, “Yeah, I can see I’m relying more on my animal eyesight than my human sight.”

“This is so great…”I turned when Terran put his hand on my shoulder.
“Syel, this means that were now connected.” I tilted my head in confusion.
“Well, we’ll be able to send images and thoughts to each other.”
“Wait…so we can talk to each other without actually talking?” He nodded and I jumped in the air in excitement. “Lets test it! You go first then I’ll try.” I gasped as I felt an unknown presence in my mind followed by Terran’s voice.

‘Your turn Syel.’ I caught onto his voice and the presence I felt and sent my thoughts with it as it left.
‘This is really cool Terran.’ He laughed out loud and started walking again. I followed after him, still looking around my self. “Everything is so beautiful.”
“Yeah…it is.”
“Terran why are you alone? What happened to your family?” I was very curious about this strange boy.

“Well…my father was killed by some hunters when he was in his animal form and my mother died while giving birth to my sister.”
♠ ♠ ♠
fly away birdie..fly away..