A World Behind those Eyes

14

O -------------- S -------------- O

When the screaming and growling had stopped, I opened my eyes and fell backwards from shock. My eyes widened and a gasp escaped my mouth when I saw the creature standing where Terran had just been seconds before. Short, snow white fur covered its massive yet slender body; its pointed ears and front paws were ash black while its long, fluffy, skinny tail was black with a white tip. It was about a good foot taller than me, and had wicked looking claws and teeth. This creature seemed to have a wolf’s face and muscle but a cat’s slenderness and grace and body. As if finally registering my presence it turned to me, and looked down at me with one light blue eye and one completely black one.

“T-Terran? That’s you right?” I gasped as I felt something enter my mind.
‘Yes it is me now hurry up and get on my back.’ He bent down and I cautiously jumped onto him. ’Hang on tight.’ I bent and wrapped my arms around his neck as he started to run. He was so fast that everything we passed was nothing but a blur. I closed my eyes when I started getting dizzy from looking at everything streak past us.

‘Why look at what we have here.’ I jumped at the sound of a female voice in my head.
‘Terran? I think they’re getting closer.’
‘We sure are, little human.’ This voice was male but wasn’t Terran’s , it sounded older and mean. I pressed myself against Terran when I heard branches braking behind us.

“Ayooo!” Terran howled in pain and growled as something hit him and sent us tumbling down. I flew off his back and hit the ground hard. Rolling to my side I turned to see Terran’s white and black form glaring and growling at a red wolf just as big as him. The two animals watched each other before attacking. They leapt into the air, slashing and clawing as they bit into each other trying to draw blood.

‘Well you’re a cute one aren’t you boy?’ I spun around to see a small red fox sitting and watching me with bright green eyes.
“Who are you? The fox yipped out a laugh and trotted closer to me.
‘My names Clara, young buck and that over there is Myro’ her voice was sweet but something darker hid under it.
“can you make your friend stop? He’s gonna hurt my friend.” The fox yipped in laughter again and sat in my lap. I fidgeted nervously.
‘What can a little fox like me do? I would much rather stay here with you than go disrupt those two.’
“Well then I’ll go.” I started getting up but groaned as I was pushed down and something landed on my chest. I bit back a scream as pain flared up in my wrist, I looked over to see the fox’s teeth clamped down on my hand. I threw my arm back trying to shake her off. “Get off!”
‘And let you get away? Not a chance!’ She bit down even harder, her sharp teeth tore at my skin and made blood stream out from it. I yelled out in pain and grabbed her roughly by the neck and pulled. She released my hand, barked in anger and pain and lunged for my neck, I crawled back and kicked her away just when a red wolf came bounding in my direction. I stood and ran. I could hear growling and a loud crash as something collided with the wolf’s massive body. ’Where do you think your going?’ I turned around and fell forward as something crashed into my legs.

‘Syel!’ I looked up and groaned in pain as someone pulled me to my feet by my hair.
I turned with wide eyes to stare at a small, skinny woman with wavy red hair that flowed down her golden shoulders to the middle of the tight, black, knee length dress she wore. She smiled sweetly at me and I quickly tore my gaze away from her to see the two enormous wolf-like creatures clawing at each others throats.

“Terrnan! Co-” My cheek stung as the woman, Clara, slapped me.
“You do not turn your back to a lady.” I glared at her and pushed her away. She stumbled back and I took that chance to run to Terran. “Come back!” I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and picked up a sturdy looking branch when I made it to the fight.

“Stop fighting!” I swung the branch back and ran at the red wolf, hitting him in the side repeatedly until he turned away from Terran. I staggered back when he turned to me. Blood and saliva leaked out from his mouth and his long, sharp teeth inched closer to me. He lifted hi lip in a snarl and jumped but was slammed into a tree by the other creature. A loud crack echoed around us as the wolf slumped to the ground whimpering.
“Myro!” The woman ran over to him as his body began to shake and he screamed. I only caught a glimpse of reddish-brown hair before I was lifted up and Terran and I were racing into the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
woooo...