A World Behind those Eyes

15

O -------------- T ------------ O

Syel eventually fell asleep on my back as I ran. I looked up at the night sky and a longing filled my body as I gazed up at the t winkling stars. The moon wasn’t there to watch down at us, to guide our way, to make my blood boil and make the animal in me come to life. I looked over my shoulder at Syel’s sleeping form and was silently glad that the moon wasn’t up. I’d hate to go all savage and hurt him, though his blood was rather sweet. I wonder what his flesh would taste like…thoughts of ripping open his body and tasting the juicy meat that covered him, of slurping up the rich red liquid that spilled out, of nibbling away at the delicate bones and sucking each piece dry. My mind teased me with thoughts of crushing his bones and reaching the delicious marrow at the center, they all swirled in my mind. My mouth began to drool at the thoughts of such a delicious meal, of sinking my claws into the soft skin, and watching a red river stream from his neck as my teeth bit into it. How my claws would gouge out an eye and my tongue would roll over his exposed muscles, gobbling them down. I thought of how my fangs would shred apart his organs, giving me a tasty prize. I felt my claws and fangs elongate and my tail bristle in anticipation. My body shuddered and I stopped running. A howl tore through my throat as I lifted myself on two legs.

“Thud!” The boy slipped off my back and hit the ground.
“Oww!” His hands wiped at his sleepy eyes, “Terran, what was that for?”

I stepped closer and growled, my feet sank into the dirt as my claws extended. His eyes widened in fright as he stepped back. “T-Terran? What are you doing?” I lowered my head and my fur bristled up as I prepared to pounce. I watched his shaky, frightened movements as he raised his arms and backed away. I growled and flung myself in his direction just as he broke into a run. I watched him run and jump over fallen branches as I followed him. Laughing to myself I jumped into the trees and flitted in front of him. It turned around and stopped running when it noticed that I wasn’t following. I licked my lips and let myself fall from the tree. I spiraled through the air but at the last second it looked up and jumped out of the way. I screeched in annoyance and hit the ground on all fours just in time to see it running again. I stomped my paw and flitted after it, easily catching up.

“Stop! Leave me alone!” I grabbed the back of its shirt with my teeth and yanked it back, sending it flying to the ground. I walked over to it as it picked itself up off the ground. “P-please, stop.” I laughed at its weakness, such a pathetic little creature. I licked my lips and walked closer, only for it to take a few steps away. “T-Terran? Terran please…” My ears flicked forward at the sound of my name. I paused for a second, wondering why it’s voice sounded familiar.

“Snap!” I jumped at the creature as it fell backwards after stepping on a branch and tripping. It screamed as I landed on its leg. I slashed my paw across its arm and watched blood spill out. It screamed again as my tongue ran over its cut, licking up the blood and my teeth nipped at the succulent flesh.

“Terran! You said you would never hurt me! Terran its me, Syel! Stop!” I jumped back and whimpered as all my memories and human thoughts slammed into me. I let my body grow hot and shifted back. In human form, I ran to the crumpled boy.
“Syel! I’m so sorry! I- I didn’t mean it.” I knelt beside him and ripped a piece of my shirt. I wrapped it tightly around his arm to stop the bleeding, he whimpered at the pain. “Syel…” I pulled him against me and rocked us back and forth to calm him.

“T-Terran, why d-did you attack m-me?” He looked up at me with frightened deer eyes. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I glanced up at the night sky and cursed silently, the moon was full and out tonight. It had just been hiding behind some clouds.
“Syel…I’m really sorry. I never me- I never wanted to hurt you-”
♠ ♠ ♠
do do do....dooo!