A World Behind those Eyes

16

O ---------------- S -------------- O

“-Then why did you? Why did you attack me?!” He slumped down and sighed.
“it’s the moon Syel, it makes me go all animal and crazy. It makes my blood burn and makes my demon come out. I really am sorry…” I sighed and pat his shoulder as he continued to rock us back and forth, eventually my leg and arm stopped hurting.

“So…you weren’t aware that it was me…you were hunting?”
“No, everything turns to prey and I can’t remember anything but blood lust.”
“oh- okay.” I pulled away from him and laid on the hard, dirt ground. Putting my hands under my head, I tried to get comfortable so I could sleep. I shivered from the cold and jumped when I heard a whimper. I turned to see Terran in his animal form. My eyes opened wide with fright and I backed away from him.

‘Syel its okay, I won’t hurt you. The moons gone. I saw that you were cold and the ground isn’t very comfy…’ I tilted my head and cautiously crawled back over to him.
“So what are you proposing?” He turned his gaze away from me and looked down shyly.
‘Well you can…umm…if you want…cuddle up against me…and use me as a pillow.’ A gust of wind blew and made me shake and hug myself. I looked at his fluffy white fur with black tips and the way he didn’t even seem affected by the cold. He must be so warm. I scooted closer to him, debating whether or not I should go closer. I bit my lip nervously and shook.
“Okay, but only cause I’m cold and you better not try to eat me or anything.” His tail thumped excitedly on the ground and I tilted my head in confusion but didn’t question him. I crawled over to him and curled into his side, letting him warm me up. I laid my head on his back and snuggled up against him, his fur was so soft! “You have really soft, comfy fur Terran.” I mumbled sleepily as he relaxed and made some strange purring sound. I eventually fell asleep to his purring.

I woke up to the sound of birds and the sun on my face. I looked around to see that Terran was gone. I bolted up and looked around, he wouldn’t leave me out here would he? I started to panic when I felt that now familiar presence in my mind.
‘Glad to see your awake now.’ I looked around but didn’t see him anywhere so I just responded in y mind.
‘Yeah, where are you?’
‘I went out hunting and I’m bringing you back some food.’ I wrinkled my nose, I did not want to eat raw meat…or anything he had in his mouth already.
‘Don’t worry, I’m bringing some fruit, in my human hands and we can make a fire to heat your meat.’
‘I think I’ll just stick to the fruit, thank you though.’ I only had to wait a couple of minutes before I heard someone walking towards me. I stood up and turned with a smile on my face, but when I saw the person I frowned and tilted my head.

“Who are you?” The man seemed to be in his early 20’s with dark red almost brown hair that covered his ears. The color was strangely familiar but I couldn’t remember where I had seen it before. He wore a thick brown jacket even though it had gotten a little warm.
“What’s a young lad doin out in the forest?’ He had a strange accent but smiled warmly at me. I found myself smiling back, he didn’t seem very dangerous.
“I came out with a friend, to get away from the village for a little while.” It was partially true. He laughed and walked closer.
“I know the feelin lad, it best to get break sometime eh?” I nodded, from his speech I could tell English wasn’t his first language.
“If you don’t mind me asking but why are you out here in the forest?”
“Oh, I be out ere lookin for mi lass, she ran to these part and I can seem te find er.”
“Oh I’m sorry, maybe I can help you look for her?” He smiled and shook my hand happily.
“That be great mi boy! Anks!” He slugged an arm around my shoulder and began to lead me into the forest while telling me all about his lady.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh snap...