A World Behind those Eyes

17

O ---------------- T --------------- O

I pushed a branch away and stepped into the clearing where we spent the night.
“Syel! I got your fruit!” I looked around and frowned, he wasn’t there. I put the food down and scanned the area, he wasn’t here at all. I growled softly when I smelt the air. “No one is taking Syel, he’s mine.” I felt my eyes turn to cat-like slits and growled as I felt my spine curl and snap into place, along with the rest of my bones.

I sunk my paws into the ground and propelled myself forward, running through the forest and dodging trees was easy but getting Syel back might not be. ‘I will get him back and no one will take him from me.’ I climbed up a tree and began to flit through the rest. I sniffed the air again and hissed as my fur bristled in anger. ‘I swear when I find the idiot who took Syel, I’m going to break every bone in his body, tear him to open, rip out his intestines, pluck out his eyeballs, drain out his blood, tear him to pieces and leave everything for the rats and maggot.’

I once again sniffed the air and turned left and continued flitting through the trees. ‘Almost there.’ I closed my human eye and focused on my animalistic-demon self. I opened my mind’s eye and smirked when I saw two figures walking about a mile ahead of me. I pushed my vision to see farther ahead where a small red fox was hiding behind a tree. I growled and picked up speed, easily closing the gap between us.

I jumped down silently from the tree and slinked behind the two human figures. Just as I was about to jump the taller man whipped out a knife and pulled the smaller boy to his chest with the weapon to his neck. Syel screamed in surprise and his eyes went wide in fear as they turned to see me.

“Well if its not the mutt who broke several of my shifter’s ribs. I figured you’d just leave without the boy, but it seems you’ve become attached. “
I growled and my fur bristled again. I lashed my tail from side to side, splintering a tree in the process.
“You should have just left the boy, better yet you should have killed him when you had the chance instead of bringing him into our world. Now shift back or I’ll rip out his throat.”

I growled one more time before shifting back. “What do you want?” I spit the words out at him.
“Why, that’s not anyway to talk to the man who’s holding a knife to the neck of a young lad, now is it?”
“Y-your accent is gone.” We both turned to stare at Syel.
“Yes, it be gone young lad.” He laughed and held the knife closer to Syel’s neck. “This boy here will sure make us some money, don’t ye think so mi lass?” He smiled sweetly as a small woman with long, wavy red hair and bright green eyes walked to stand by him, the fox. Her red fox ears swiveled in the direction of my low growling.

“I think he’ll bring in a nice amount, the mutt should also bring in some coins.” My eyes darted to her and the man as he tied Syel’s hands together. Seeing an opening I lunged and knocked the woman aside and grabbed the dagger she had tied around her waist. I lunged for the man but fell to the ground as pain flared up along my back.
“I don’t think you be getting away that easy.” The woman cracked a long, black whip against my legs and I sucked in air and bit my tongue to stop myself from screaming in pain. “Tsk Tsk. Damaged goods don’t get us as much, a shame.” I stood and my legs nearly gave out as she struck them again with the whip. I cursed at her and threw the dagger at the man before searing, hot pain enveloped my head and I collapsed into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O