A World Behind those Eyes

1

"Daddy where are we going?"
"Were going to a special place."
"Is it fun? Will there be other kids there?" The father squeezed the child's hand gently and looked sadly at him.
"I don't know son...I don't know." The young boy glanced up at his fathers tall frame.
"One day I'll make you really proud father. I'll make you smile again Daddy, even though Mommys not here anymore, I'll make you smile." The father suddenly jerked to a stop and pulled his youngest son into his arms. A few tears found their way down his cheeks as he held onto the young boy who stared up at his father with confusion. "Daddy what's wrong?"

"You know I love you son." The boy blinked at his father and smiled.
"Of course Daddy, I love you too, with all my heart!"
"And you know I would never hurt you or do anything bad to you, right?"
"Yes why what's happening?" The man stood and surveyed the surrounding woods, bent, and picked up his child and began walking through the forest. "Where are we going?"

"There are people in the village who...aren't very nice and are taking away the youngest children from the village."
"Wh-what do you mean? Wh-why?" The boy held onto his father tightly as he carried him through the woods while fear began filling his little body.
"For different things; slaves, soldiers, scouts, sacrifices...but I can't , won't let them have you...your too special to lose to some filthy-"
"SNAP!" Both father and son turned to the sound of a branch braking.
"Wh-what was that?"
"Probably just a rabbit son."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is the first chap and was typed on my iPod so sorry if there are any mistakes