A World Behind those Eyes

3

O ----------------------- O

“I-I’m not sure s-son.” I looked up at the sound of my daddy’s voice. I could tell he was scared, and so was I.
“I could hear g-growling…was it a dog or something?”
“Thud!” I turned when I heard something heavy fall and my heart started beating faster.
“Daddy?” I listened but couldn’t hear my daddy’s voice anymore. “Daddy why aren’t you talking to me anymore?” I walked a few steps before I tripped over something and fell. I stretched my arms out and screamed. I jumped back as my hand touched an arm. “Daddy?” My hand shook as I stretched it out until I felt a cold arm…my daddy’s arm. “No! Daddy! Come back!” I scooted closer to his body and started crying.
I cried until I ran out of tears and laid down next to my daddy. I soon got really tired and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

“Hey! There’s a…yeah! Just laying…poor thing…” I blinked my eyes I heard voices. “He’s awake now!” I sat up and looked around.
“Hey little boy what’s your name?” I turned toward the man’s voice, and heard a surprised gasp. “Can you see me little boy?”
“N-no, I can’t see anything. M-my names Syel.”
“I’m sorry Syel, do you know what happened to your father?”
“Something attacked him.”
“Ohh…” I tilted my head as I heard voices coming closer, more men. I flinched when one of them yelled, he sounded mean.

“John! I see you got us another one eh? A bit young, oh well some like em like that you know.” I flinched again when they started laughing.
“But sir, he’s very young and small and he can’t even see…can’t we just-”
“No! I already let you get away with returning that girl, now hurry up and tie his arms and get him on your horse so we can go.” I listened to the footsteps of the mean man as he walked away with the others. I jumped when I felt rope on my hands and whimpered as it scratched my skin when the person tied it.

“I’m sorry Syel, I really don’t like doing this.”
“Then wh-why are you doing it?” He sighed, picked me up and started walking.
“Because I need the money and by doing this I might find my little sister.”
“Oh- okay. Where are you taking me?” The man sighed again before putting me on top of his horse and getting on with me.

“Were taking you into another part of the forest, about 15 miles away, near the village of Bisor …to a slave auction.” I stayed silent and so did the man. No one talked the whole way, and the only thing going through my mind was that I was going to be sold as a slave, something my Daddy didn’t want.