A World Behind those Eyes

8

O ------------- S ----------- O

“Terran, I’m sorry about how I couldn’t tell whether you were a girl or a boy earlier…” He laughed and pat my shoulder.
“Its okay Syel, because as you felt earlier-” He laughed again as I blushed, “I am a male in this human form.” I frowned and turned to him with a confused look.
“Wait, what do you mean?”
“Well in a way, I’m neither male nor female yet at the same time I’m both.” My head tilted to the side and I giggled as he ran his soft, fluffy tail down my cheek.
“I don’t get it.”

“Well, in my forms I look like a boy on the outside but…umm… in a way I umm…am kind of like a girl…on the inside too.” I looked up at him in surprise.
“What?! Is that even possible?”
“Humans don’t know very much it seems.” I frowned and stood up.
“So your like both genders?” I heard the bed creak so I knew he had stood up as well.
“In a way, but because the male part is so dominant I’m more of a boy.”
“Oh-okay, why-”

“Syel! I‘m back!” Ms. Nison yelled after she shut the door. I froze and turned to where I heard Terran curse.
“Terran, what are we going to do?!” I jumped when he grabbed my arm and started dragging me somewhere. In my mind I pictured the layout of the house and whimpered when I realized where he was leading me, the room Mr. Nison had taken me…the room where his body still lay, dead on the floor. “Why-”

“Ssshh! “He pulled me through the door and finally let go of my arm.
“Syel! Where are you dear? I’ve brought more muffins since I know they‘re your favorite.” I was about to call out something to Ms. Nison when a cold hand clamped against my mouth and another around my chest and arms and began pulling me back. I whimpered and pushed away thinking it was Mr. Nison come back to life.

“Its okay Syel, its Terran. Were getting out of this place.” He whispered in my ear as he dragged me backward. I struggled against him, I didn’t want to leave. “I’ve finally got you Syel…and I’m not about to let you go.” I jumped and my eyes widened when I felt sharp fangs sink into my neck. I whimpered and drooped into Terran’s arms as my body suddenly felt too heavy. I looked up to where I thought his head was and whispered.
“Why?” Then everything went black.