Status: On H.I.A.T.U.S...

Harmorld

ChapterZero : Prologue

Eric was a little thrilled when he found himself washed ashore. He couldn't really feel his body at first but as he forced his body up the rocky edge of the river, he could feel the pain forcing through his skin into his bones. He struggled himself up to his feet but soon after he lost his balance. As his body was about to descend to the river, a strong grip landed on his arms and balanced his body.

"Easy there young fella."

He looked up and there he saw a man about 5 foot tall aged in his mid-thirties. He had a black messy shoulder length hair with a bandana tied around his forehead. He was wearing a brown leathered coat covering a chained tunic, black boots with heavy leggings. A heavy iron one-armed sword was hanging on his waist.

“Quite strong for a little boy are you.”

"Who are you?" Eric asked after a few seconds of silence.

"So you can speak," the main said mocking. “The name's Liam. This is Gerald."

There were few other people surrounding Eric. Two of them including the man were humans while the other one was an elf. Elves are forest being with long ears and pointed nose. Aside from her blue sparkling eyes, the elf that stood before him has a very elegant face with long wavy hair. She was wearing a blue armor made of fish scales and a white cloth beneath. Her legs were covered with silver leggings and a pair of boots made also from a fish scales. A wooden bow was tied on her back which she used as a weapon.

"Elsa, did you bring the herbs with you?" Liam asked the elf.

"It's not safe here. Let's carry him back to the hideout first and then we treat his wound," Elsa suggested.

"Good idea. Gerald, let's go," Liam ordered.

"Right away sir!" Gerald answered as he wrapped Eric’s hand around his shoulder. Gerald was a few inches taller than Eric. Gerald was few years older than him but quite skinny for a warrior. He was wearing a white shirt and a knee length pants with a dagger tied around his thigh. He wore sandals and leggings. He has big round eyes, a fair pale skin and brown hair was covered with a head scarf.

The journey to the hideout was tiring and hurtful for Eric considering the heavy wound on his body. Very often he dropped to his knees but Gerald didn’t whine nor complained. He obediently followed Liam carrying Eric throughout the journey.

"You are rather lucky that we found you before you fell into the river just now..." Gerald spoke as they walk. Eric didn't reply. Gerald started talking again, “For such a young boy, you sure are strong surviving that waterfall... Speaking of which, why did you jump in the first place?"

With that question alone, Eric entered his own thoughts, searching for the main reason why in the world he endangered himself with the river. It felt like a sharp thorn poking through his brain as he searched in silence.

"Halt... Disperse!"

Liam broke the silence by his loud orders that Eric came to realize it wasn't just a mere image that poked his head but an actual arrow was shot as it bruised the edge of his head missing few inches of the actual target and into the woods. Realizing this, Gerald was forced to push him away in his reflex.

"Get out from there boy!" Liam yelled again. Gerald hastily picked Eric up again. With the fast arrows and with his body Eric knew Gerald couldn't stand a chance so he pushed him into the woods. With the remaining strength he had, Eric stood on his two feet staring sharply to the source of the attack. He lifted and used the rune on his right hand. Wild images came trembling back to the terrible night that happened three nights ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello Mibbs.. <3

As it is my first time doing a WAR and ADVENTURE based fiction, please be kind to me.
Just kidding, I was hoping you would give a comment on the story.

Many thanks for reading, have a nice day!