Status: FINISHED | 13.12.13

Crooked

oh, god.

"I'm not apologising, you know." It was later in the day; my arms were crossed as I sat in the stupid jail cell. After I attacked the devil, my parents thought that I, Cassie, was freakin' mental or something and called the fucking police. The police. They were going to let me go but after seeing the small, practically miniscule bruise on the devil's face, the bitch had the nerve to arrest me.

Arrest me. Who did that?

"Cassidy, be quiet." The heavy disapproval in my brother's tone caused me to shut up, and I walked up and down the empty jail cell in the hopes of calming myself down. My parents refused to bail me out until they were sure that I wasn't going to attack the devil again.

I told them that was never going to happen.

My brother sighed. "I'm going to get something to eat. Behave, okay?"

"Mate, I'm in a freakin' jail cell. Shit can't get any worse than this." I told him rudely, my thick Australian accent coming through my voice.

He rolled his eyes and walked off, and I sat down on the bench to collect my thoughts.

While leaning against the dirty brick wall behind me, I looked up to see an attractive male with his wrists in handcuffs, being pushed into the jail cell with me. He was tall, easily taller than me by a good three inches, with wavy brown hair and a goofy smile. To my relief, I saw that his teeth were straight.

The police officer removed the handcuffs from the male and told him to behave in a condescending voice, like my brother had told me. I watched in fascination as he took a seat besides me.

"Hello there." I was surprised to hear a lovely British accent fall from his voice. "What's a beautiful girl like you doing in here?"

My face heated up; I wasn't used to taking compliments, much less than from guys that resembled a Calvin Klein model.

"What are you doing in here?" I fired back, unable to keep my accent coming through once more.

He chuckled and leaned against the wall. "I was caught running through a hotel with little clothes on."

I raised an eyebrow. "And this is bad, because?"

"Because it gained some female attention, and while running around with only a pair of boxers on, some girls trampled on each other and somehow I was the one to blame for it. Justice has not been served, wouldn't you agree?"

I chuckled. "Fair enough. Who in the right mind would tell you to run around with only boxers on?"

As if on cue, another male - I couldn't tell since we were so far away from the entrance of the police station - called out, "Louis!" and suddenly the male next to me stood up.

"There's my cue, I guess I'm being bailed out sooner than expected," he smiled at me. "Do you need help, or...?"

"Louis, what did I tell you about...?” The boy who called out Louis - who I now figured out was his name - appeared on the other side of the cell, his eyes darting from me to Louis.

Louis smirked. "About what, my dear Niall?"

On second inspection, Niall, this blonde who appeared to help this Louis kid out, was more than attractive. He was gorgeous, with spiky blonde hair and rosy red cheeks that seemed to be blushing as I stared at him. Jesus, he was one fine boy.

"Nothing, uh. Let's just get out of here, okay?" There were two things I noticed about Niall. One: he had a strong Irish accent that made his overall appearance that much sexier. Two: his teeth were crooked.

And not just one tooth was crooked, but his whole set of teeth.

Like the devil herself.

Almost instantly, I glared at him, or more specifically, at those vampiric pointy things that stuck out in his mouth. Couldn’t this Niall kid close his mouth already?

Niall opened the jail cell using a set of keys the police officer had questionably trusted Niall with, and got Louis out. As Louis exited, Niall attempted to smile at me again but I turned my attention to Louis instead.

“Try not to get caught running around half naked again,” I said wryly with a small smile on my face, as I crossed my legs.

Louis smiled at me, “see you around, maybe not in a jail cell next time.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’ll try.”

The two sauntered off, and I closed my eyes, thinking about the two boys. They looked familiar, I couldn’t place where I had heard the voice before but I was sure I’d figure it out eventually. While I thought about them, I heard footsteps come closer to me, and I opened my eyes to see the police officer smiling, as he twirled the keys to the jail cell around on his finger.

“You’re free to go,” he was smirking at me and I didn’t know why.

I stood up, confused as hell to why I was bailed out so quickly and why the police officer was smirking. My questioning glance towards him made him speak.

“The boy who picked up the one who joined you paid for your bail. What a nice man, don’t you think?” It came to me in one sudden thought: the blonde-haired, crooked-teeth Niall paid for my bail.

Damn it, now it meant I’d have to see him again to thank him. But for some reason, the thought didn’t bother me that much.

Oh, god.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone's confused, Cassidy doesn't like Niall because his teeth remind her of the devil.
Anyone surprised by Louis and his shenanigans? Hehe, I thought this was an interesting way for the two to meet.

Tell me what you think of the story so far! And while you're here, join my One Direction contest!