Status: as of 6/19/14 I am picking this back up.

Everything Will Be Alright

003.

I held her hand the entire time. I was at a loss for words when I saw the lifeless child come from her body. She must have seen it too because she cried even harder than she had previously been. I silently hugged her and she grasped my shirt in her tiny hands.

They asked her if she wanted to hold him and I prayed that she said no. Thankfully she shook her head and the nurse nodded solemnly. She cleaned the crying girl up and left the room without another word.

The room was silent for what felt like an eternity. All that we could hear was a quiet murmur coming from outside the door.

"Thank you." I faintly heard. I looked up at her and she gave me a small forced smile. I nodded and leaned up to wipe a tear from her cheek.

"My name is Matt."

"I know. I'm actually a fan." She smiled for real this time. "I didn't make it to the show tonight though, I was..um..busy." Her smile faltered.

"It wasn't worth it. I passed out on stage and ended up here." I laughed a little. She smiled again.

"My name is Owen. And I can't thank you enough. I really don't have anyone else."

"I don't mean to intrude but what about the father?" She winced and I immediately regretted saying anything.

"He is a jerk. He actually put me in here." Another tear ran down her beautiful face.

"I am so sorry, Owen. I don't understand how someone could do that to the mother of their child."

"He was never worth it." I was feeling more comfortable around her so I reached out and hugged her. She hugged me back without hesitation.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I immediately remembered that I just ran off without telling the guys anything.

"Craig, hey."
"Yeah I'm still with her."
"No, it didn't."
"Are you still here?"
"Thanks man."
"Let me ask."

She looked up at me at the last words.

"Do you need a ride somewhere? Like, do you have a place to live?"

She shook her head and cried a little more. "I can't go back to him, I just can't. I won't"

"Hey, hey, hey. You don't have to. Come with us. We are staying in a hotel tonight and I would be honored if you joined us."

She forced another smile and just nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry these are so short. they will get longer.