‹ Prequel: Fly With Me

Take A Breath

Surprise

Marty stared at the clock as her English teacher droned on and the minutes ticked down to the end of class. She fidgeted nervously and found her teacher’s voice extremely annoying as she tried to make it look like she was listening. It seemed as though she could hear the tick of the hands as they went around the clock. She sighed, blinking multiple times to try and keep herself awake while she sat there. Finally, just when she was nodding off to sleep, her teacher said the magical words: “Let’s knock off for today”.

Quickly grabbing her iPod, she walked out and hurried down all three flights of stairs. She nearly slipped on the ice a few times on the way back to her residence hall, but she caught herself and continued through the frigid Charleston air. Soon enough she was at her hall, and made her way directly to her small mailbox.

She sighed. “Once again…no mail.”

“I wouldn’t say that.”

Her eyes grew wide and she spun around. “Nick!”

He laughed and hugged her tightly. She then pulled away and smiled. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

He shrugged. “I wanted to surprise you. I know you’ve been stressed lately.” he paused. “Now come on, you need to pack.”

They walked back to the elevators, and she eyed him, confused. “What do you mean?”

He smirked. “Let’s just say that I am not the only one who came to visit you.”

-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-

“Marty!”

“Frankie!” She laughed as she and Nick walked into one of the hotel rooms and Frankie gave her a hug.

“Long time no see, sis.” Kevin joked as he hugged her.

She nodded. “I know! I have missed you guys so much!”

She hugged Danielle and Joe and then sighed. “Where are your parents?”

“They had some stuff to take care of, but they said to tell you that they said hi and they can’t wait to see you during the holidays.”

After Nick and Marty got settled into their hotel room, everyone went to get some food at the Steak ‘n Shake next door, and then they decided to hang out at the hotel’s pool for the rest of the night.

Marty and Danielle laughed as they lounged in the poolside chairs, watching the four Jonas boys mess around in the water.

“So how has school been?” Dani asked her with a smile.

Marty shrugged. “School has been…school. Actually, last night I literally didn’t go to sleep because of homework and studying for finals.”

“How are you even awake right now?” Her sister exclaimed and shook her head.

“I had a lot of Mtn. Dew, chocolate, and music…Jonas music, to be exact.” She laughed. “But seriously, I could fall asleep any second.”

“Why don’t you go get some sleep? We are here all weekend, and everyone would understand…”

She shook her head. “No. I have waited too long for this.” She gestured to the boys in the pool. “I have missed too much and nothing would keep me away.”

Suddenly Danielle rolled her eyes and Marty heard someone walking up beside her. She smiled. “Well hello, Mr. Jonas. To what do I owe this pleasure?”

He grinned. “I miss you so much. I can’t bare to stay away form you any longer.” Before she could protest, he pulled her from her chair, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Nick! No! Put me down!” She squealed, knowing it was no use.

He laughed and kept his arms tightly wrapped around her as he flopped into the pool. She burst from the water a moment later with a small shriek of surprise from the temperature change, and laughed. “Well I am awake now!”

-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-

A couple hours later, when they finally pulled themselves out of the water, Nick smirked. The swimming must have made her realize how tired she really was, and once she left the boys by themselves again, she had fallen asleep in her chair.

After throwing a shirt on, he gently wrapped his warm towel around her and picked her up, carrying her to their room on the third floor. He quickly put her in warm pajamas, and laid her gently under the covers. The minute he was next to her, she unconsciously curled into his side and nestled her head into his chest. He sighed, and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Every day that they were separated he missed her. However, he knew that while they were doing things in an unconventional way, he was so proud that she was getting an education. He was proud of her, no doubt, and that made everything worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Here is the sequel I promised! I hope you like it! Enjoy!