Status: Active

Under the Circumstances

Chapter one

Livi's POV:

I was just day dreaming whilst walking a long the pavements on a cold October night;

I had just been to see my favorite band, Avenged Sevenfold, live in concert. I didn't even care that I had to go alone, if that was the price I had to pay to go see my five favorite men performing the songs I love, then I would pay that price.

All my friends hate my music taste, especially Avenged Sevenfold, apparently they're too heavy? Bullshit. In my opinion, A7X have the perfect musical balance, but perhaps I'm just a bit biased.

During the gig, I was lucky enough to be right up at the barrier. I was ecstatic but also disappointed knowing this is the closest I could ever get to these men. Nevertheless, their performance was flawless, each note was struck perfectly and I fell in love all over again with them and their songs.

The only downside was that a mosh pit erupted directly behind me, slamming me into the barrier; I think I must've sprained my arm or something, but that minor event doesn't even taint my memory of the evening.

I looked up at the night sky, filled with stars; I was unaware of my surroundings when I tripped over the cobbled pavement, causing me to yelp in pain as I crashed down to the ground, landing on my already sprained arm.

I lay there for a couple of minutes whilst I gathered my thoughts and nursed my sore arm when I heard heavy footsteps coming from behind me, I turned quickly only to see a tall, dark, shadow figure looming over me. Before I even had time to open my mouth and speak, the man lifted his foot and kicked me forcefully in the back. As I slumped further on the ground, I yelled in agony, only to see him pick something off of the ground and smash it into the side of my head.

Time went very slowly as I rolled off the side of the curb, unconscious. My attacker started to flee and left me to die as I heard low, deep voices nearing towards me.

* * * * * * *

Zacky's POV:

Me and the guys were just strolling down the street, congratulating each other on another successful gig. The crowd were awesome; they sang every word and went absolutely crazy, we were still buzzing from the adrenaline.

As we were walking along the dimly lit street, we turned the corner and saw a massive group of A7X fans. Believe me, I love the fans, but there were literally about thirty of them and we knew we would never be able to leave if they saw us.

Matt saw them too and suggested we went down a little, dimly lit side street to avoid the big crowd.

We had nearly reached the end of the long alley way when about ten meters away, was a small figure crumpled up on the ground with what looked like a man standing above it. We watched in horror as the male figure picked up what we thought was a brick and threw it at the victims head.

We were too shocked to respond to what we had just witnessed, but before any of us could react, Matt sprinted towards the man at lightening speed and tackled him to the ground, knocking him out. The rest of us made our way over to the casualty who's blood was spilling over the sidewalk. Johnny turned away in disgust; he was never good with gory sights. I crawled over to the fragile body and slowly rolled it over so that it was lying down on their back. To my surprise, the victim was a young girl with dark brown hair and a fringe that was soaking up the blood leaking from her temple, she couldn't have been older than 18.

Brian hurriedly took of his shirt and held it closely to the wound whilst Jimmy called an ambulance. I just stood there in complete awe and shock. I then looked down at her t-shirt, she was wearing an Avenged Sevenfold tee, I realized that this was not gonna be an easy experience.

* * * * * * *

Livi's POV:

I slowly started to open my aching eyes, the light was burning them so I moaned and rolled over. All I could hear were machines beeping and it was making my brain want to explode. I lifted a hand to my aching head in an attempt to ease the pain of this migraine and I felt a searing pain when I touched the left side of my head. I groaned from the throbbing pain when I felt a cold hand touch my arm. I flinched as my eyes shot wide open and as I glanced up, I saw what looked like a doctor. I looked around the room I was in and my surroundings and slowly became to realise I was in a hospital.

Suddenly, memories came flooding back to me. The strange shadow man who mercilessly kicked me to the ground, the sound of the brick crashing into my head was haunting me now. Disrupting my thoughts, the doctor cleared his throat. I looked at him when he spoke; he was a broad man, perhaps in his sixties. He had greying hair and a friendly face; I assumed I could trust him.

“Hello dear, so glad you've woken, we thought you weren't going to regain consciousness any time soon… How's your head?” he asked gently.

“I feel… like absolute shit” I whispered weakly.

He chuckled softly, “I don't blame you after that ordeal, and It's a miracle you even survived to tell the tale!” He walked round to the other side of my bed and cleared his throat again, “I suppose you might be feeling pretty rough, but please can I ask you a few necessary questions?” He requested. I just nodded in agreement. “Okay then, we'll start with an easy one, what's your name and date of birth?”

I sat up slowly, “My name is Olivia McGarvey and my I was born on the 29th of July, I just turned 18.”

“I see… and do you remember much about the night you were attacked?” he asked softly.

“Yeah, a bit. I remember getting hit and kicked, but I don't know who saved and helped me… I'm guessing someone must've found me and brought me here?” I enquired.

The doctor smiled at me and told me he'd go and fetch them for me. I waited impatiently for two minutes until the door started to slowly open; I stared in disbelief as five familiar faces walked into the room.

* * * * * * *

Zacky's POV:

A doctor came into the waiting room and told us we were able to see the girl we saved now. He told us her name was Olivia and that we were to speak quietly as she was in a lot of pain right now.

We walked down the empty wards until we were guided to a room. I stood at the back whilst Matt strolled in front of us and slowly turned the door knob until the door clicked and opened. We walked in and stood at the foot of her bed. Her eyes were wide open in shock and she quickly shut them tightly and once again opened them, but still, we were standing there.

“Was it you guys who… rescued me?” she mumbled quietly. We all turned to face her and nodded slowly. Suddenly, the heart monitor next to her started beeping faster and faster due to her excitement and we all grinned.

We chatted to Olivia for hours, her eyes her bright and shining, I noticed they were an odd shade of green and blue, almost identical to mine. Over the hours, some of the guys started to leave, Matt headed out first, he had to return home to Val, after that, Johnny, Brian and Jimmy had to return home to their loved ones too, before each one left, they gave Olivia a kiss on the cheek or a hug, she blushed each time.

Being the only single one in the group, I stayed with her, I had nothing else to do, plus I felt bad seeing as she had no other visitors. I asked her why her parents hadn't come to visit her yet. Her eyes glazed over whilst she responded “My parents abandoned me when I was four… I live in a foster home now, but trust me, I'm 18 now and as soon as I get a job, I'm leaving that shithole, they don't give a flying fuck about me! I've been here for what… 3 days? None of the staff have come to check on me. Hell, they probably don't even realise I'm not there.” I regretted my question, knowing that I had most likely opened up a can of worms, knowing she had no where to go after this made my stomach sink, I felt so bad for her. I jokingly said “Hey! Well you can always join us on tour as a roadie!” Immediately, I once again regretted it as her eyes filled up with hope and happiness. She squealed “Really?! That would be so amazing, Holy Fucking SHIT!” I then excused myself; I had to go make a phone call to the guys about the mess I'd just gotten us in.

After a heated discussion on the phone to Matt, we realised we had no other option than to actually take her on tour with us; it would be cruel to get her hopes up and then to drop the bomb on her when she realised we didn't mean it. She didn't deserve that, especially after all she had been through. When I returned from making my call, I entered the room again, only to find her sleeping, she looked like an angel when she slept, and I couldn't disturb that. I scrawled a quick note on a nearby notepad ensuring her we'd be back the next day to visit.