Status: Active

Under the Circumstances

chapter four

Livi's POV;

The party was definitely in full flow and I was still buzzing from my kiss with Zacky. I stepped over a passed out Jimmy on the wooden floor, giggling fondly at his sleeping face. I stopped by my bunk to check the time. 5:15AM, this party could go on for hours. My trail of thought was interrupted by a woman’s whisper and giggle in the bunk overhead. I grinned and hoped finally maybe a depressed Johnny had gotten lucky tonight, he needed it after all. As I peered over the frame of the bed, sick started to rise in the back of my throat as I saw with my own eyes, a shirtless Zacky on top of a pretty, blonde woman, making out. My eyes stung and I ran off the bus and I couldn’t breathe. Did I really mean that little to him? As my eyes started overflowing with tears, I was stopped by a drunk yet concerned looking Johnny. I stammered the details about what I had just witnessed; he looked pissed off and rambled about how the ‘stupid dick’ didn’t know how to treat women right.

I cried into his shoulder but suddenly he pinned me up against the van. I looked at him warily and without warning he planted a sloppy kiss on my lips and started moving his hands around my waist. I squirmed and he loosened his grip, looking at me directly in the eye. I could tell he instantly regretted it as his round eyes started pleading for forgiveness. Johnny was like an older brother to me and I know damn well I was practically his little sister. I just blamed his actions on all the booze he had chugged down tonight. He mumbled apologies and I smiled at him, letting him know we were ok. He took my hand and led me back to the bus as we sat down on the sofa area, far away from the bunks. He put his arm around me protectively and I fell asleep in his lap.

I woke up the next afternoon in the same position I had drifted off in as Johnny was snoring softly and I smiled fondly to myself, he was just a nice guy so being so supportive and brotherly. I looked up to the dining table to see Matt, Brian and Jimmy gathered around it, nursing their hangovers, I slid onto the bench to join them. Brian looked at me sympathetically “How’re ya feeling? We saw you and Zacky making out and then we heard about that chick he was fooling around with, he’s such a fucking tool.” He ranted angrily. “Yeah I know, I’m not in the best of moods right now, I thought that like, y’know, we were maybe official or something could happen but yeah, whatever.” I stated simply. The guys exchanged worried glances as we heard a stifled yawn from Zacky’s bunk.

As he slumbered towards us, Brian and Matt greeted him with hostile glares in their eyes. “Woah, what’s with the negative reception guys?” He laughed, uncomfortable and plopped down next to Jimmy. Just as Matt was about to growl a confrontation to him, I quickly interrupted. “How are you feeling?” I asked calmly, glancing a warning at Matt; I didn’t want the boys to fight over me. “Pretty rough” he laughed weakly, “I don’t remember a single fucking thing from last night”. Finally an explanation for why he was so laid-back today, especially after the events of last night. “Anything interesting happen last night?” he enquired.

“Dude, you scored!” Jimmy grinned at him. Zacky’s green, sparkling eyes flashed to me, he looked oddly hopeful. “Really?” Zack exclaimed, “Who with?” He turned his eyes to me again and gave me a cheeky wink; I turned away in disgust. “Well…” Jimmy started, “First of all, you made out with Livi then you took this really hot chick called Miranda up to your bunk and fooled around with her.” My ears reddened from the embarrassment and awkwardness of this situation.

*******

Zacky’s POV;

My face fell when Jimmy reminded me of my actions last night. I kissed Livi? Again? I fooled around with some random chick? After I had kissed Livi? Oh shit. I was hoping the person I actually hooked up with was Livi. The name Miranda did actually ring a bell, I think she’s part of the roadie crew from one of our supporting bands or something like that.
As Jimmy was graphically describing me and this Miranda chick, I temporarily wished Livi was deaf as her face kept filling with anger and annoyance, I probably had to accept the fact I literally had no chance with her now, and I didn’t blame her. I decided it would be a safe option to give her some space for a few hours; she’d most likely still be pissed off for a while.

Later that evening, Livi was sitting in the sofa area watching a movie on her own. I decided to go join her, so I wondered over, slumped myself on the sofa and put my arm around her casually. She was always used to and welcomed my affections but this time, I felt her tense and slowly shift away from my touch, never once moving her eyes from the television screen. The feeling of rejection washed over me as I withdrew my arm. “What are ya watching?” I enquired nonchalantly, attempting to break the ice. Without any expression on her face whatsoever, she replied bluntly “TV” as if I were an idiot. I rolled my eyes without her noticing “What movie?” I asked optimistically. She didn’t even reply; all she did was shrug her shoulders. I could feel myself getting annoyed so I allowed that awkward conversation to end before I blurted out “are you annoyed at me for fooling around with that girl?” I was desperate to find out the reasons for her acting this way, even though I’m pretty sure I already knew. “Nope” was her stern reply. I continued to get frustrated. “Then why won’t you let me hug you or like, put my arm around you like I always do?” I said, exasperated. She just shut her eyes and sighed quietly to herself before getting up and walking over to her bunk “I’m just not in the mood Zacky.”

I didn’t say a word as I got up from the couch and stomped to my bunk and turned around to see her ocean-coloured eyes staring at me wistfully. I sighed and climbed into bed, looks like I’d be receiving this treatment for a while, but it’s not as if I don’t deserve it.

*******

Livi’s POV – 2 WEEKS LATER;

It was Christmas Eve on the bus; we were parked in a field as we had been unable to drive due to snow blizzards. I liked the atmosphere on the bus anyway, plus I didn’t want to return to a hotel on my own as the guys celebrated Christmas with their families, so I didn’t mind this situation one bit. Last week we had all agreed to do a secret Santa within the group. I was glad I picked Matt seeing as I was still pissed with Zacky and giving him the silent treatment.

I had bought Matt an Iron Maiden shirt, with the sleeves cut off, and a new pair of aviators, he’s surprisingly easy to shop for. We had no wrapping paper on the bus so I used my initiative, bought a bandana and tied the gifts up in that.

The next morning, I was woken by an excited Johnny leaping on my bed. I groaned from his weight resting on top of me this early in the morning and swatted him away. “Come on Liv, its Christmas, and time to get up and open presents!” he practically squealed. I crawled out of my bunk and plopped myself on the sofa next to Jimmy and looked around the group to see the guys looking just as grumpy at being woken up as I felt.
“Right, I’ll start then! Zacky, I was your secret Santa!” Johnny laughed as he handed him his present. I looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with Zack as his emerald eyes shone, attempting to entice me.

Zacky chuckled as he opened up his gift from Johnny; he ripped open the wrapping paper to reveal 3 bottles of limited edition Jack Daniels. He thanked him and vowed to drink it at New Years with him instead of saving it for a special occasion.

“I guess it’s my turn now,” Zacky laughed nervously. He grabbed a neatly wrapped parcel from his bunk and looked at me anxiously, and then he started to grin. “Is it a tad ironic that I’m your secret Santa?” I looked at him blankly as he leaned across and placed the present in my lap, at the same time, giving me a sneaky kiss on the cheek, which made my face visibly glow a deep red. I felt the other guys looking at me expectantly whilst I fumbled with the fancy packaging.

*******

Zacky’s POV;

My heart was beating incredibly fast as the suede box was revealed under all the wrapping. I glanced up at Livi to see her reaction as she took off the lid and saw what was inside. I could feel my cheeks heat up intensely as she let out a small gasp in astonishment. “Thank you,” she muttered in disbelief, “it’s beautiful”. The smile I received from her face was filled with emotions
I couldn’t decipher; guiltiness was one I picked out.

She took out the chain and held it up to show the guys and the ruby glistened in the winter sunlight that was streaming through the window. It deflected and cast a rainbow across the whole room whilst Jimmy jokingly made sound effects such as excited ‘Ooh’s and ‘Aah’s.

She struggled to unhook the clasp of the necklace so I swiftly leant over and took it out of her delicate hands. “Here, let me help you with that.” I spoke softly as I brushed the hair out of her face and got painfully close. I fastened it around her neck and let the crimson jewel drop to her chest. My outreached hand caressed her cheekbone so discretely that it went unnoticed amongst the rest of the group. I stared intently into her eyes for a brief moment, longing to hold her in my arms.

The rest of the morning went by in a similar manner, the guys revealed their secret Santa identities to the others and gifts were exchanged, everyone seemed to be content with their presents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read the previous chapter's author note about a new story I am writing. I want your comments on which A7X guy should be the love interest. Johnny has 2 votes at the moment and is therefore in the lead. Comment and place your votes please.

Please don't be a silent reader