Status: Active

Under the Circumstances

chapter six

Livi's POV:

I woke up, not remembering a thing from last night after my midnight kiss from Jimmy, I smiled faintly at the memory. Under my head I didn't feel a pillow so I brought myself to open my eyes and panicked as I realised I was resting on Zacky's naked shoulder. “Oh shit…” I murmured as I glanced down under the covers to witness our half dressed bodies.

Zacky stirred at my whisper and opened his eyes slowly and blinked, readjusting to the light of the hotel room. “Morning beautiful,” he spoke cheerfully. I just looked at him with a confused expression, “Last night, did we… y'know…?” Zacky's eyes lit up and sparkled as his grin spread across his face. “Oh yeah, you were really great for a first timer, someone sure did their homework,” he chuckled.

I abruptly sat myself up, “ZACHARY BAKER! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! I WAS A VIRGIN AND I WAS INTOXICATED! YOU STUPID DICK!” I fought back the urge to burst into tears there and then. Suddenly, a look of concern and regret overshadowed his face, “No Livi! I was kidding! We didn't really have sex, I knew you were a virgin… Do you really think I would do something like that?!” he frowned. The massive amount of relief I felt overwhelmed me. “Don't joke about things like that Zack, you genuinely scared me shitless!” I exclaimed as I playfully punched him on the arm, only to be pulled back down into a warm embrace.

Later that day, we gathered into the kitchenette on the bus where Matt had called a band meeting, all of the band members and even the roadies were there, there was the exception of Johnny Christ who was probably still passed out. I sat next to Zacky around the crowded table and as soon as we sat down, I felt him protectively place his on my knee and I placed my hand over his, smiling to myself.

“So Matt, what's the big news?” Brian asked tiredly, rubbing his eyes. Matt looked at me hesitantly, “Well there's been a couple of staffing changes, we're having a new roadie join us… She's a technician for one of our supporting bands, she's called Miranda” I felt my heart sink into my stomach at his words. Immediately, Brian and Jimmy just stared at Zacky who groaned in disbelief and annoyance. I squeezed his hand in reassurance, I wasn't gonna let that bitch come between us again. “When does she start?” I enquired with fake enthusiasm. “Tomorrow” Matt stated bluntly. At this point, Johnny stumbled onto the bus, looking dazed and unaware of his surroundings. He then mumbled something incoherent and wondered off to his bunk. We simply shrugged our shoulders and laughed at his foolishness.

Late that night, or perhaps early the next morning, I was in my bunk and my current trail of thought was intruded by a nearby whisper. “Liv - you awake?” the warm sound of Zacky's voice filled my eardrums. “Yeah, I am. Why?”

“Come up here, with me.” I clambered up the ladder to his bunk and collapsed down next to him. I turned my body to face him and was greeted by a gentle kiss. He pulled away as if he had something to say. “I want you to know, just because that Miranda chick is coming back here, she won't change the way I feel about you.”

“How do you feel about me?” I challenged.

Without words, he took me in his arms and showed me exactly how he felt with the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced.

*******

Zacky's POV:

I woke up the next morning with Livi in my arms. I could get used to this. Without disturbing the sleeping angel lying next to me, I climbed out of my bunk to the smell of Jimmy cooking bacon in the small kitchen area. I slapped him on the back cheerfully as Jimmy handed me a plate of charred meat.

“Thanks dude, looks delicious.” I chuckled heartily.

“You're in an oddly good mood this morning Mr Vengeance…” Jimmy noted. I shrugged my shoulders, “what's not to be happy about when you have a beautiful girl in your bed? - And before you ask, we haven't… yet.” I turned to wink at my friend.

“Dude, that blows… Tell you what man, just make loooooove to her already Zacky, it's about fucking time!” Jimmy cracked his usual cheeky grin and wondered off to have a shower.

A couple of hours later when everybody was out of bed and dressed, the bus doors opened and one of our roadies, Jason, introduced everyone to Miranda. I smiled politely at her but she seemed to take my simple friendly gesture not how I intended it to be taken as she returned it with a flirtatious wink. I walked over to a brooding Livi, put my arm around her waist and kissed her cheek sweetly, making sure Miranda saw and would learn to understand where we stood, which was strictly on professional grounds.

Later in the evening, we began to prepare for our first gig of the New Year. Livi sound-checked Jimmy's drum kit whilst Miranda made a sly attempt to sound-check my guitar. Livi wasn't paying attention but I insisted it was fine. “So… Now that I'm working for you, we'll be spending a lot more time together to pick up where we left off.” She suggested not-so-subtly. “Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not available.”

“All the more an exciting challenge for me.” she smirked and walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't been updating because of lack of reviews, the less reviews, the longer I will take to update! PLEASE REVIEW!

Shout out to the lovely person who reviewed the last chapter:
lucinda4zv

Seriously guys, if I don't get atleast 3 reviews, i'm deleting the story, sorry.