Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

------Midnight-----

Avalee pulled the white jacket closer to her chest and looked around for any signs of life, maybe she shouldn't have suggested the park of all places, it's basically a death trap of gang bangers and bums.

"Hey there beauty!" Avalee heard behind her, she turned around abruptly to see a man in overly large clothes, with about five other guys walking towards her, it wasn't Victor or Jacob or even Brandon.

"Me?" she whispered, of course after she did, she regretted it.

"Who else sweet thing," he grinned as he walked closer, making her back up, after a few steps backwards she walked into a hard body, gasping she jumped back and turned to see Victor.

"Jimmy back the fuck off," Victor practically growled as he pulled the cigarette from his lips and threw it to the ground.

"This beauty yours for the kill huh Vic? Sounds good to me man, go ahead and have her, she looks to--" he didn't finish because Victor fast walked to the shorter man and clamped his hand over his throat.

"That is my girlfriend, Jim.”

“Oh, sorry, man,” The man called Jim pried at Victor’s hands. Victor snarled and let his grip loose, Jim rubbing his throat and walking away.

“Sorry about that,” Victor sighed and turned back to Ava.

“No, no, it’s fine,” Ava nodded and pulled Victor into a hug. “What did you need to see me for?”

“Well, I had an idea,” Victor started. "After you and I talked earlier."

“Go on.”

“I-I was just thinking, maybe you and I… Could run away together, away from everybody,” Victor said softly.

"Really?" she asked softly as she pulled back slightly to look up at his six foot one stature.

"I want to be with you forever Avalee," he whispered pulling her closer to his neck. "I love you more than you would ever know."

"Oh Victor, I love you too," she pulled his head to hers and locked his lips on hers, after a few minutes of exploring already seen places, Victor pulled back.

"Come on let's go."

"We don't have any money, we don't have any clothes-"

"We have love," he smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her close to his side as they walked. "And that is all we will ever see."

"Victor I love you," she whispered again as she kissed his hand, he smiled to himself and murmured a reply of the same sort.

"Would you marry me?" he asked shyly, so un-Victor like.

"Y-Yes," her eyes brimmed with tears as they stopped at the car door and kissed passionately again. She pulled away and opened the car. “C’mon, let’s go.”

“Now?”

“Right now!” Ava laughed and jumped into the car, Victor smiling and climbing into the driver’s seat.

“Now,” Victor turned to Ava as he started the car. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

“I’m absolutely positive,” Avalee kissed Victor softly on the lips and smiled.

-----One week later-----

“Where the hell could Ava be?” Tessa mumbled, looking around the school campus. She searched around until a red mustang pulled up next to her and parked at the curb.

“Tess!” Jacob yelled and ran out of the car.

“Jacob!” Tessa cried out and hugged Jacob, kissing him repeatedly. She stopped and rested her head on Jacob’s chest, crying slightly. “Jacob, I’ve missed you so much.”

“I missed you, too,” He kissed the top of her head and sighed. “I-I have a question.”

“Shoot,” Tessa looked up to Jacob.

“Have you seen Victor? At all?” Jacob questioned. “I haven’t seen him in a week, I’m getting scared.”

“Funny you should ask that. I was about to ask if you’d seen Ava. She’s been gone for about a week, too.” Tessa laid her head on Jacob’s shoulder. “You don’t think that-“

“No, Victor isn’t the kind of guy that would just throw his life away,” Jacob said. “But, you never know. He really loves Ava, and would do anything for her.”

“But, do you think they really ran off? Just so abruptly?” Tessa took a deep breath to calm herself.

“To be honest,” Jacob began. “I don’t know.”

"I'm scared Jacob, what if she did go and marry him just for the hell of it?" Tessa asked softly as she pulled away from Jacob's arms. "What if he hurt her?"

"He wouldn't," Jacob shook his head as he looked down at the blond girl. "He loves her so much, when he left a week ago he said something about he wouldn't be the leader and that he quit doing drugs."

"He done that for her?" she asked softly

"He did a lot for her, Tessa, he done a whole hell of a lot."

"I pegged him wrong Jacob, I think I drove them away," she said in shock.

------Las Vegas-----

"Victor please drink this," Avalee handed him a bottle of water, he was going through D.T's from the drugs he had been taking, he was sweating, jumping, shivering, burning, freezing and pale, it scared Avalee to death.

"I can't," he whispered as his lips trembled. "I can't."

"Victor you need it to flush out you're system, I know it's hard but you have to try," she whispered as she pulled his head in her lap, he shivered uncontrollably under the hotel room blanket and pulled his arms around her waist.

"I'll try," he whispered as she placed the bottle to his lips and pushed it up so he could drink it, after a few sips he shook his head, he couldn't take anymore.

"Just sleep, tomorrow will be better," she didn't know if she was assuring him, or her. "I love you."

"I love you too," he clenched his teeth and pulled her closer. "Lay with me."

"Calm down," she whispered pulling the covers up so she could slid into his arms, as he wrapped her arms around her stomach he laid her head on her chest.

"I'm freezing," he trembled, she sighed concerned, he was burning to the touch and it scared her.

“Should I call a doctor?” Ava asked, pointing to her cell phone.

“No, it’ll pass. Just give me a day, and I’ll be better,” Victor insisted, my phone beginning to vibrate across the night stand. She picked it up and looked at who was calling.

Tessa Dangers
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment