Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

-----The Next day-----

"I hate school," Tessa grumbled as she and Avalee walked up the steps to school, it was seven thirty and she wasn't exactly awake, where Avalee was wide awake.

"You need to go to sleep earlier and it won't be so bad," Avalee mused as she opened the front door.

"No, if I didn't go to school it wouldn't be so bad."

"You're a moron," Avalee grunted as she opened her locker, she pulled out her blue binder and her history book before she shut the door and came face to face with the thorn in their sides.

Victor Todd.

"Hey girls," he smiled wickedly as he leaned on the lockers beside Avalee's. "How are you two this lovely morning?"

“Shitty…” Tess mumbled and slammed her head against a locker repeatedly.

“How about you, Avalee Jones?” Victor looked to Ava and smiled.

“I’m doing okay.” Avalee shrugged, Tessa still hitting her head,

“Why are you hitting my locker?” A six foot five jock came up to the five foot nothing Tessa and growled.

“Sorry!” She squeaked and hid behind Victor. “Hide me…”

“Tessa,” Ava shook her head, grabbing her arm and walking her down the hall, Victor soon by her other side. "Why do you do that?"

"Because he scared me, he's freaking huge!" she explained as she gestured to how tall he way, which made Avalee roll her eyes.

"You can't let them think they can bully you or it will be ten times worst," Avalee whispered as she looked at her feet, usually someone would have usually knocked her books from her hands, but today they hadn't, because of Victor's stone cold glare.

"I can't help it," Tessa sighed as she leaned on Avalee's shoulder. "I freaking hate school."

"So I've heard," Avalee giggled as she patted her friends head softly, then turned to Victor. "How are you today Victor?"

"Slightly annoyed by people, I don't exactly do mornings so everyone tends to piss me off," he murmured as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You left your bag in my car."

"I did?" that's when she remembered. "Damn, I did."

"I have it in my locker, just come by my table at lunch and I'll give it to you," he smiled as he walked the opposite way, down another hall.

"He does seem sweet to be so bad," Tessa murmured as she looked after him. "But still, he's a big no-no."

“I know, but he’s… I don’t know. I’m just drawn to him.” Avalee sighed.

“Well, stop being attracted to him!” She laughed.

“I can’t help it, I like who I like,” Avalee shrugged. “You’ll deal with it.”

“I won’t have to, I’ll be dead.” She spat.

“No you won’t.”

“Yes, I will.”

“No, you won’t.”

“Yes, I fucking will.”

“No! You won’t.”

“Yes! I will.”

“No, yo-“

“Stop arguing with me woman!” Tessa yelled as they both walked into the classroom. Avalee turned to her and glared while sticking her tongue out childishly at her friend, which made Tessa cackle as she sat down at the table with Avalee, they were side by side in History thankfully. "You baby."

"I'm not a baby thank you very much, babies can't stick their tongue out," Avalee giggled as she sat her books down, only to have them pushed off by a cheerleader named Rebecca, she was red-headed with bright green eyes, slim fit with big boobs, all the guys wanted her and all the girls wanted to be her, except Avalee and Tessa.

"Watch it you bitch," Tessa defended Avalee, she was much braver around the girls she could beat up, not the boys.

"Don't sweat it," Avalee whispered as she bent down to pick them up, only to be kicked from her seat by Rebecca's boyfriend and the guy from the locker earlier, Frank.

"What the hell!" Tessa yelled as she helped Avalee up from the ground, who was too embarrassed to look up as the class laughed, giggled or glared at the two bullies.

"Sorry Avalee, didn't see you there," Frank smirked as Avalee sat back in her seat and stared in front of her, waiting for the teacher to get his ass in the classroom.

"Oh don't say sorry, she's a skank with no parents, no wonder they left her with her brother," Rebecca remarked, which made Avalee stand up and walked as fast as she could out the door, which was being opened by the teacher, Tessa threw her books on Avalee's and picked them up as she ran after her friend.

"Ava! Slow down!" Tessa yelled as she ran down the hallway after the running, crying, shaking Avalee Jones. Tessa ran up to her and pulled her into a hug. “Ava, please don’t cry.”

“I… I can’t help it,” Avalee mumbled. “She’s such a bitch. And to bring up my parents-“

“I know, I know. She’s a horrible person.” Tessa rubbed the side of Ava’s face and took a deep breath.

“Tessa? Ava?” Victor turned the corner and cocked his head to the side. “What’s wrong?”

“Skank,” Tessa said plainly, still hugging Avalee as Victor walked over. He looked at Tess. “Rebecca Rebanaker.”

“Oh,” Victor nodded and pulled Ava away from Tessa and into his chest. “Avalee, don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry, Victor, I can’t help it…" Avalee sobbed as she held Tessa's arm. "She brought up stuff that isn't any of her business."

"What did she do?"

"Well," Tessa sighed as she looked up at Victor. "She knocked Ava's books in the floor, and when Ava went to get them up, Frank her boyfriend kicked Ava out of her seat in front of the class, Frank sarcastically apologized and Rebecca said Don't say you're sorry, she's a skank with no parents, no wonder they left her with her brother and we left."

"Frank the quarterback of the football team?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.