Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

"Yeah, that one," Tessa growled as she kissed Ava's head soothingly while pulling her away from Victor. "Come on Ava don't cry, let's go sit outside in the yard."

"I'll take care of it Lee, don't worry," Victor said softly as he turned around and stomped down the hallway, echoing from his heavy boots.

"I'm kind of worried," Tessa mumbled as she and Avalee walked out to the lunch yard and sat on the steps.

“Why?” Avalee looked up at her.

“Victor, what do you think he’s gonna do?”

“What do you mean?”

“You heard him,” Tess sighed. “He said I’ll take care of it, what’s he gonna do?”

“Let’s hope nothing bad.”

“He’s Victor Todd, everything he does is bad.” Tessa laughed slightly, making Ava laugh as well. “Ah! There’s a smile!”

“Yeah,” Ava blushed. “But, do you think Victor’s gonna do anything? Seriously?”

“In my honest opinion,” Tess sighed. “Yes.”

“Well, shit…” Ava mumbled.

"Yeah, it's an oh shit moment," Tessa sighed as she looked up at Avalee. "Do you want me to go and get you some cheez-its and a book like always or chex mix?"

"Cheez-its and my book please," Avalee whispered as she looked down at her hands. "And a water if you don't mind."

"You know I don't," she laughed as she stood up and walked across the yard, in motion to get to Avalee's locker as fast as she could.

A few seconds went by and suddenly Avalee looked up confused, she could hear the sounds of yelling, arguing and plain complaining. "No you will," she faintly heard Victor's voice shout as it grew closer, she looked up and seen four guys walked in a fast pace towards her.

Victor, Brandon Carty, Mark Sanders and Frank Anderson.

"I'm not doing shit!" Frank yelled before Victor sneered and picked the back of his shirt up and pushed him in front of his own steps.

"You fucking will or I will fuck you up," Victor whispered harshly as they stepped in front of Avalee, who was looking up at all of them in shock. "Frank, don't you have something to say to Avalee?"

"Bitch," he grumbled before Victor kneed him in the back hard, which made him groan and look down at Avalee. "Fine, I'm fucking sorry, I won't mess with you again."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, you're not a skank, Rebecca is jealous that you get better grades than her," he groaned as Victor grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. "She also thinks you're prettier so she has to bully you into thinking you're nothing."

“Okay, you can go now.” Victor let go of Frank, who ran off as soon as Victor stepped away.

“Victor,” Ava said softly as he sat down on the step next to her. “You didn’t have to do that.”

“But I wanted to.” He smiled at Avalee, who blushed and smiled back.

“Well, then, thank you.” Ava squeaked.

“No problem.” Victor leaned back on the steps as Tessa came walking back with Ava’s crackers and book.

“Hey!” She smiled at Victor and Avalee. “What happened?”

“Frank apologized to Ava.” Victor stated.

“Oh,” Tessa handed Avalee her things before being picked up by Mark. “Uh, hi?”

“Hi!” He grinned at her. “Your really tiny.”

“Thanks for pointing that out.” Tessa blushed. “Why are you picking me up?”

“I dunno.” Mark shrugged and sat Tess back down.

“That was random…” Ava laughed slightly. "So," Avalee looked down at her hands, how could she stay away from such a sweet thinking man. "I don't want to see Rebecca."

"You don't have too."

"Yes I do, I have science with her," Avalee mumbled as she looked over at Victor. "You have that with me to don't you?"

"Yes I do," he nodded as he looked up at the sky. "I'll sit beside you."

"You were right, you do protect those you care about," Avalee mumbled as she glanced at Tessa, who was being thrown around by Mark and Brandon like a football.

"I told you, you're one of us, you get protected."

"You kind of made me wonder yesterday," she whispered as she looked at the sky like he had minutes before her. "You bought drugs, and I'm not for that, at all."

"I know," he nodded his head slowly. "I'm not asking you to do that with us, hell I just want you're company."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you like me? Why do you want me to be you're company?" she asked as she sat up, he copied her and grinned as he leaned against his left elbow.

"I like you, mainly I want you to be mine, but for now so you'll learn to trust me, I want to be your friend," he explained making Avalee blush crimson red.

“Well, you’re very… Up front about things.” Avalee looked at him; he simply shrugged and glanced over at Tessa.

“Their killing the poor girl.” He laughed.

“They better not.” Ava growled.

“Guys, leave her alone!” Victor called.

“Awww, but she’s fun!” Brandon whined.

“Please listen to him!” Tess called out, being held up in the air by Mark.

“Okay…” Mark and Brandon sighed and sat Tessa down, who wobbled over to Mark and Ava.

"You okay?" Avalee whispered as Tessa fell on Avalee's legs, while she sprawled out everywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image