Try to Read Me

Not Again

“Samm, hey you need to get up.” Zach said shacking her gently.
“Okay, fine.” Samm said rubbing her eyes.
Samm looked up at Zach and noticed that she was lying on his lap. She sat up so he could get up and he laugh, but then had a worried look in his eyes.
“Samm,” Zach said slowly, “What were you dreaming about last night?”
She was quiet for some time. Zach could see she did not want to talk about it, but knew if she did not tell him it would haunt her more than it is right now.
“Please tell me. If you tell me I might be able to help.” Zach said.
“I…I don’t know were to start.” Samm said.
“Just start from the beginning.” He said.
“Okay,” Samm said, “I woke up and everyone was in the room, but you. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye and thought it was you, but it wasn’t. It…it was… was…”
“Who was it, Samm?” Zach asked.
“Joe,” Samm whispered.
“Who?” Zach asked confused.
“Joe!” Samm screamed in tears just from speaking the name.
“Who is Joe?” Zach asked.
Samm said nothing; she just sat there on the couch and cried. Darick walked in the room to see what was going on.
“Samm, what is wrong?” Darick asked her.
Samm mumbled his name over and over and over again.
“What about him?” Darick asked.
“She dreamed of him.” Zach told him.
“Oh no, not again,” Darick said with fear in his eyes.
“What is going on?” Zach said getting more and more confused by the second.
“The last time Samm had this dream he was going on parole.” Darick said terrified.
“Samm what was it about.” Darick demanded.
“He was here in this room. He was coming after me. I screamed for help, but no one would wake up. Then Zach woke me and held me till I fell back asleep.” Samm said.
“What does this mean? Does it mean that he is getting out? If so, then he is coming here?” Zach asked.