Try to Read Me

The Moment of Truth

Samm shut her notebook that was worn out over the year of hell that she has been through, and then made a mental note to buy a new one soon. She then looked around the room, to her surprise Zach was the only one in the room.
Here was her chance, “Zach,” Samm said while sketching something on to the front of her notebook.
“What is it? You have been acting weird ever since that guy came to the door.” Zach said and walked over to her and sat on the bed next to Samm.
“Can we go on a walk?” Samm said trying to get out of the hotel.
“Sure, do want to go somewhere?” Zach asked.
“No,” Samm smiled.
They walked out of the room and decided to go to the park. Samm found a quiet place in the park. For it being noon not many people were in the park. Normally the park is packed.
“Zach, I have to tell you something and you can’t tell Darick or the guys.” Samm saw a worried look in Zach’s eyes but it quietly fated and turned to fear as if he knew what Samm was going to tell him.
“Zach, promise me that what we speak of right now is between you, me and the trees. Please, Zach I have to tell you, but I can’t let Darick know he’ll flip.” Samm pleaded.
Samm started to cry when Zach shook his head thinking it mean that he was not going to promise anything.
Zach pulled Samm into a hug and said, “Listen, I’m here for you no matter what. If I can’t tell Darick then I just can’t tell him.” He sat Samm on his lap, “Are you in some kind of danger?”
Samm hesitated for a moment and told Zach everything. The weight of the evil secret was off her shoulders. Somehow she had known that she could trust Zach. Samm looked up at Zach to see what his face would tell her, but his face was blank. She became worried that Zach, now know everything would want to tell Darick and get her out of town.
“Man, Samm, your life is a living hell.” He said with a playful smile.
This took Samm by surprise, but I made her happy that she could fully trust Zach.