Try to Read Me

The Question

“That was great,” Samm said as they walked off stage.
“Thanks,” Zach said.
“Don’t even start,” Samm said before they say anything about the kiss.
“Dude, do you really think she is the one?” Nathan asked.
“Not right now Nathan we can talk later.” Zach said.
Samm could see that Zach was tried and was not in the mood to play games. They went to the room and in the back and Samm had Zach sit down.
“Zach are you ok?” Samm asked.
“Yea, I’m fine.” Zach said.
“You’re lying to me. Don’t lie to me. You have fever.” Samm said as she felt his forehead.
“I’m fine Samm. You are acting like my mother.” Zach complained.
“Well, I’ll let you guys in on something else about myself: I never had a mother and Darick adopted me. My real parents left me when I was ten.” Samm explained, “So don’t complain to me that I’m being motherly.”
The guys stared at her.
“What?” Samm asked.
“Nothing,” Zach said.
“Zach, you need rest no ands, ifs, or buts about it.” Samm said.
“I’m fine, I just get a little over heated after a concert that’s all.” Zach said.
“Or was it the kiss,” Cameron mumbled under his breath and they started to laugh.
“Oh, can it guys, I’m going to have to much to deal with when Darick finds out.” Samm said.
“When I find out about what?” Darick asked from behind her.
“Nothing,” Samm said quickly from surprise.
“Doesn’t sound like nothing. Samm what are you not telling me.” Darick said.
“Nothing really,” Samm said, but Darick could see straight through her and she could see that.
Though out everything she had not thought up a lie to tell Darick. Samm could see that Zack was getting nervous and that this was not good for his fever.
“Samm, can we talk in privet?” Zach asked.
“Of course,” Samm said. “Guys, can you leave?”
“Yea, but be ready to tell me when I get back.” Darick said as he pushed the guys out of the room and shut the door.
“What?” Samm asked.
“Well, do you remember when you said you would do anything to make up for pushing me on to the floor?” Zach asked.
“Yea, I do. What are you hitting at?” Samm asked.
“Well, I like you, but if we want to…” Zach hesitated.
“If we want to what,” Samm asked as she watched his face go from a pinkish to a deep red.
Zach didn’t say anything.
“Zach please tell me or I will never know. And if you don’t this, but I’m slow so I will never know if you don’t tell me.” Samm said with a smile.
Zach smiled at that fact and said, “If we want to... date. I ask that we tell Darick about us.”
“Zach, are you asking me out?” Samm asked confused.
Zach nodded his head and said, “Yes in a way I am. Samm, will you go out with me?”
Samm stood there stunned, then wrapped her arms around Zach’s neck and said, “Yes, yes I will.”