Status: One shot.

Thank You

1.

It’s never easy being gay. It’s hard keeping it in and away from the people in your life because I just know that coming out would make me so much happier. But I can’t, not yet anyway. I’m so scared to come out to my family because I don’t want them to judge me because of it. I’m also scared to tell my friends because I don’t want to lose them. I see other teenagers around school who don’t have friends because of the way they’re all being judged. All of this is because of their looks, because they’re geeks, because the girls without friends don’t wear make up or have boyfriends. In my school they all think you should have a boyfriend or a girlfriend to be even worth talking to. They think that the girls need to wear make up to even look pretty but in reality they don’t need to wear make up at all. Even though I’m gay I love how girls look so natural without make up. I know my friend’s prefer this as well, they think looking natural is pretty and beautiful.

Anyway, my family and friends still don’t know except one friend, Pierre. He found out at a party when he took my phone and saw a picture of me kissing a boy but he promised to keep his mouth shut and to not tell anybody. I feel trapped and isolated keeping in the fact that I like the same sex. I once had a boyfriend when I was fifteen but he moved away when his dad got a new job in the United States. When he left me felt like a piece of me had been ripped out because he was the only one who really a hundred percent understood me and I knew I could turn to him. We still talk occasionally but not very much. I don’t know how any of them will take it because my family are homophobic and I don’t know if my friends will still be my friends when they find out. I still have Pierre because he has a gay cousin so he was happy I was happy but he was shocked at first.

“Seb? Do you like anyone?” Pierre asked as we sat in his room writing song lyrics and trying to find guitar rifts to go with the lyrics.

I didn’t really know what to say. Whether to tell him I liked David, one of my other best friends or to make something up.

“Yeah I do.”

“Who is it?” He said putting the note pad down.

I gulped feeling embarrassed and nervous “David.”

“As in our best friend David?”

I nodded “Yeah David. He’s always so nice to me, I just I have genuine feelings for him.”

“You know we’re doing a senior confession booth at school for us finishing school?”

“Of course but why are you saying that?”

“Maybe you could…confess in the booth that you like him…nobody else will see it…but him.”

“What? I can’t do that.”

“Oh come on Seb…Nobody will see it…I promise.”

“Maybe…Maybe I will.”

~~~~~

I walked into school the next day and walked over to my friends who were by their lockers.

“Hey guys.”

“Hey.” They all said in unison shutting their lockers as they turned to face me.

“So,” Pierre said, “Are you doing the confession booth today?”

I nodded “Yeah…it’s in the gymnasium right?”

Pierre bobbed his head “Yeah.”

“I’m going to do it at break.”

The time went by slowly as I thought about what I was going to say in the confession booth. I hadn’t been concentrating in class the whole morning because the confession booth was all I could think about. I stared at the clock as the hands went round slowly and then finally it was break time. I got up out of my seat and took my bag rushing to the gymnasium. I didn’t want anyone to know that I was going in there except my friends. I put my bag down and sat down in the confession booth awkwardly as I saw it was recording. I suddenly didn’t know what to say becoming nervous.

“I want to confess,” My palms started to get sweaty, “That I have feelings for my friend…David. I’ve had feelings for you since forever, I’ve always thought about what it would like for us to be together. I found out I was gay when I was fourteen when I started liking boys. I started liking you but I didn’t have the balls to tell you how I felt or what I was because I thought you might reject me. You’re always so nice to me, telling me I’m amazing at playing the guitar, that I have a nice singing voice…That I’m a brilliant friend. I will most probably lose you now that I am confessing this all to you. But it’s worth a shot. You are incredibly beautiful…everything about you is amazing. You are amazingly talented, your singing is beautiful; your voice always captivates me and you make me jealous because I know your voice is so much stronger than mine is. Well…All I wanted to say was I love you…I always have and I always will. I’m sorry.” The camera stopped recording and I stood up grabbing my bag walking out of the gymnasium into the school hallways seeing the whole school’s eyes on me like I was an outsider.

That was when I saw the TV on the wall with my face on it. It was from the confession booth. My eyes went wide as everyone started to laugh at me. I got tears in my eyes and ran into the toilets locking myself in a cubical sitting on the toilet thinking who could have done this.

“Seb?” I heard a knock on the door. It sounded like David’s voice and I gulped.

“I don’t want to talk to anyone. Please just leave me alone.”

“I just wanted to say how brave I thought you were…I would never have been able to do that.”

“What?” I opened the door slightly and saw him; David was in fact stood there.

“I’m a coward. I wouldn’t have done that.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m gay too Seb. I,” I saw him gulp, “I like you too.”

“Y-You d-do?” I stuttered feeling my cheeks warm up.

“Yeah Seb,” He looked down at his feet, “I do.”

I took a deep breath and grabbed his arms placing my lips on his in a passionate kiss. It felt like nothing I’d ever felt before. His lips were soft but slightly cold from the lip ring he had. I pulled away after what felt like a whole day. We were both breathless and then I asked the question I needed to know the answer too.

“Will you be with me?”

David nodded a smile creeping up “Yes…Yeah Seb I will.”

I grinned widely like a child who had just received a chocolate bar and hugged him so tightly I didn’t want to let go. There was one other thing I needed to know and that was who did this to me.

“Who did this?”

“Pierre.”

I felt the anger boil up inside of me and all I could think was;

’Thank you, for showing me, that best friends can not be trusted.’