Wish

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Chained in a dungeon, Aladdin struggled to get out while Suhki just sat there. Her arms and legs were chained to the floor while Aladdin was chained to the wall.

“She was the princess! I must have sounded so stupid,” he said arguing with himself. Suhki sighed and he looked at her and saw her just sitting there, “hey, are you okay? How’d you get caught anyway?”

“No reason,” she said staring at her feet as she hugged her knees.

“But you never get caught,” he said. Suhki didn’t respond.

“Allo!” came a voice from above and they looked up and saw Abu in the window.

“Abu!” shouted Aladdin. Abu climbed down and looked at Aladdin’s predicament, “hey get us out of this.” Abu went to Suhki and freed her of her chains before turning to Aladdin. Suhki just sat there and watched Abu.

“Well, what about me?” asked Aladdin looking between them confused. Abu then began to act out the girl he was with earlier and Aladdin just smiled and shrugged, “Hey, she was in trouble. But she was worth it.” He said as Abu grumbled and began to work on his shackles. “But don’t worry, you’ll never see her again. I’m a street rat, remember, there’s a law. She has to marry a prince.” Abu finally freed him and did a ‘ta da’ but Aladdin wasn’t paying attention, “she deserves a prince. I’m a fool.”

“You’re only a fool, if you give up boy,” came a voice from the shadows.

“Who are you?” asked Aladdin as an old man limped out with a cane.

“A lonely prisoner like yourself. I can help,” he said.

“I’m listening,” said Aladdin sceptical. To Suhki, the old guy looked like a looney, but she was going to have to listen to him as well.

“The cave, boy. A cave of wonders. You’ll find treasures beyond your wildest dreams,” said the man holding out some red jewels to which caught Aladdin and Abu’s attentions. Suhki liked treasure, yes, but she wasn’t quite as in love with it as those two were.

“They could impress even your princess, I’d wager,” he said.

“But the law says only a prince can marry the princess.”

“Have you heard of the golden rule?. Whoever has the gold makes the rules,” said the old man with a wheezy laugh.

“So why would you want to share the treasure with me?”

“I’m old, I need a strong back and a good pair of legs.”

“There is only one problem. It’s out there, and we’re stuck in here.”

“Things aren’t always what they seem,” said the old man who opened a hole in the wall and revealed a passageway.

“Do we have a deal?” asked the old man. Aladdin nodded and began to make his way to the hole when he turned and noticed Suhki wasn’t following him.

“Aren’t you coming?” he asked.

“Why would I want a bunch of gold to impress a princess?” asked Suhki.

“You can do other things with the gold,” he said walking over to her.

“Like what? Buy a big house and live in it all by myself?”

“You could have that family you’ve always wanted.”

“You can’t buy people, Aladdin. I’m staying here.”

“No you aren’t! If you stay here, then you will die!”

“At least I’ll know my future as opposed to just wandering around, nothing to do with my life.”

“Where is this coming from?”

“Just go and get your gold to be with your precious princess.”

“Suhki, you are coming with me even if I have to carry you.”

“Well then,” she said as she looked up at him. He glared then leaned down and picked her up and carried her out of there. She tried to get out of his grip but it didn’t work.

They followed the old man through the desert before they came to a large cave. Suhki hung back behind the three guys, Abu counted as well, before Aladdin moved towards the cave.

“Yes, let’s go into the creepy cave made of sand in the middle of the desert,” she mumbled to herself as she followed him.

“Who disturbs my slumber?”

“Uh, it is I, Aladdin.”

“Proceed. Touch nothing but the lamp.”

“Remember boy, fetch me the lamp, then you shall have your award!” shouted the old man. They three of them took one last look at him before ‘proceeding’.

They walked in and down a long flight of stairs before they came to an area that was sparkling with gold.

“Would you look at that. Just a handful of this stuff will make me richer than the sultan,” said Aladdin.

“Aladdin, you know what the…well, cave told you,” she said. He nodded and continued on his way. Suhki continued to look around till she heard a loud commotion and saw Abu fighting with a carpet.

“Is that?” she asked as Abu ran and hid in Aladdin.

“Hey, we’re not going to hurt you,” said Aladdin as he spotted the carpet behind a pile of gold. The carpet flew out cautiously.

“We’re looking for a lamp,” said Suhki getting an idea. The carpet nodded and motioned for them to follow.

“I think he knows where it is,” said Aladdin and they followed the carpet to another chamber that was lit by a single stream of light that illuminated a lamp. Aladdin climbed up the stairs and Suhki watched him at the bottom. He took a hold of it when all of a sudden there was a loud booming voice.

“Infidels! You’ve touched the forbidden treasure! Now you will never see the light of day again!” shouted the cave in anger.

“Abu!” shouted Aladdin running down the stairs. Suhki watched as lava started to flow and she climbed a bit more up the stairs before they fell into a slide and soon Aladdin had crashed into her and they both went flying, head first, towards the lava.

At the last moment they were saved by the flying carpet. Abu was already aboard and they immediately flew up towards the exit, avoiding rocks and lava. They found the opening and headed straight for it. The stairs had fallen there were only two still intact at the top. They were almost there when a rather large rock fell and got caught on the carpet and sent it plummeting towards the ground.

Aladdin flew through the air and grabbed onto the bottom step. Abu was on his shoulder and Suhki was hanging onto his waist and trying not to pull his pants off as she held on. At the top of the opening was the old man.

“Help me out!” shouted Aladdin as he clung to the step.

“Give me the lamp!” said the hold man reaching a hand down for the lamp.

“I can’t hold on!” said Aladdin getting a better grip.

“First give me the lamp!” shouted the old man still reaching for the lamp. Aladdin gave him the lamp and as he drew his hand back the old man grabbed it.

“What are you doing?” asked Aladdin as the old man drew out a dagger.

“Giving you your reward, your eternal reward!” he said and made to stab Aladdin but Abu bit the old man’s leg, dropping Aladdin and all three fell down. Both Aladdin and Suhki tumbled down the side of the rock and hit their head on the way down. The carpet managed to fly to them and catch them before they hit the ground and carefully placed them down.

Suhki had got a cut on her head as they were falling. She was still passed out when Aladdin woke up. He looked around and spotted her.

“Oh no,” he said. He ran to her and placed her head on his lap. Abu made a sad face and watched as Aladdin wiped the blood from her head and saw that the cut wasn’t too deep.

“Hopefully she’ll be fine,” he said looking around. The carpet was nearby and then he spotted the lamp, “hmm.” He said as he grabbed it.

Suhki groaned and sat up. Something loud had woken her up. She looked around and saw that they were still in the cave but there was new a person with them and they were very close to her. She assumed it was him who woke her up.

“Suhki,” said Aladdin relieved.

“See, I told you she wasn’t dead, so no need to go there,” said the blue guy.

“Um, who is this?” she asked rubbing her head.

“Oh, I am the all powerful Genie!” he said bowing and taking her hand, “Madame,” he said and kissed her hand.

“Genie? From the lamp?” she asked glancing at Aladdin who was holding the lamp.

“The one and only,” he said, “so, not dead.” He pointed to Suhki indicating that no, indeed, she was not dead.

“Right,” said Aladdin moving over to Suhki to make sure she was okay, “so you have three provisos?” He said giving Abu a look. Suhki and Abu both knew what he was about to do. “You mean limitations on wishes? Some all powerful Genie, can’t even bring people back from the dead. Probably can’t even get us out of this cave. Come on Abu, it looks like we’re going to have to find out own way out of this cave.” Aladdin stood up and helped Suhki up and started walking when Genie stuck his foot out and stopped them.

“Excuse me? Are you looking at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? I don’t think so, not right now. You’re getting you wishes so SIT DOWN!” He yelled the last bit at them and fell back which conveniently had them sitting on the carpet. Aladdin moved so Suhki was in the middle with Abu on her lap. Genie flew and landed behind her and they looked at him. “In case of emergency the exits are here, here, anywhere, keep your hands and legs inside the carpet. We’re out of here!” The carpet flew up and out of the cave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and reviews are welcome.

-Charlotte