Wish

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Suhki sat in her corner. She was still in her street rat clothes but she was chained up and couldn’t move from her position of permanently bowing towards Jafar. She listened as Eyago fed the Sultan crackers and Jafar trying to get Jasmine to fall in love with him. She knew it wasn’t going to happen. She was shocked when she heard Jasmine started to tell Jafar about his ‘wonderful’ traits. That’s when she heard someone next to her.

“I am really sorry, Suhki. I know you will never forgive me, but I really am sorry,” he said as he picked her chains. She sat up and rubbed her knees and shook her head.

“Save your princess,” she said. Aladdin smiled and headed in that direction. Suhki watched as he got caught and tried to make her get away when she was quickly grabbed by Jafar’s magic and thrown into a large hourglass, right next to one that Jasmine was in.

“Princess your time is up! Actually let’s make him choose!” he declared and smirked at Aladdin.

Suhki tried to avoid the ever increasing sand. She tried to stand on top of it and it worked until she reached the top of the hourglass and she was only halfway through the sand. Aladdin looked between the two confused but before he could make a choice Jafar was at him.

Suhki watched as Aladdin fought Jafar and was scared for Aladdin when Jafar turned into a giant snake. The sand had reached her neck and she was trying to keep her face up. Aladdin was getting some energy into him and he started to get on a level playing field with Jafar.

He managed to get away long enough to almost free Jasmine but he was quickly grabbed away by Jafar and wrapped in his snake body. That’s when an idea strikes him. Suhki tried to hear what he was saying but the sand had now reached her ears. She strained to watch the results of Alddin’s plan but the sand had taken over her vision. She tried o get one last breath but it was full of sand and now she was completely buried.

Aladdin quickly made his escape as Jafar was being turned to a genie. He grabs a large stick and broke Jasmine’s hour glass.

“Are you all right?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said getting up and brushing sand off of her. Aladdin nodded before running to the other hourglass and smashing it. Suhki fell out along with the sand but she wasn’t moving.

“Suhki?” he asked shaking her. He leaned down to hear if she was breathing and she wasn’t, “oh no,” he said.

“Aladdin!” said Jasmine. Jafar was watching and about to strike and Aladdin quickly grabbed his lamp and held it up. Jasmine ran over to Suhki and tried everything to wake her up but nothing worked. She looked up desperately up at Aladdin and Genie as Jafar was sucked down into his own lamp along with Eyago.

“Al you little genius you,” said the Genie as everything is turned back to the way it’s suppose to be. Genie grabbed the lamp and took a wind up.

“Allow me, ten thousand years in the cave of wonders ought to chill him out!” he threw it as far as he could and the lamp went sailing through the air and completely out of sight. Everyone then turned their attention to Suhki.

“Is she dead?” asked Aladdin scared of the answer.

“She has a pulse, but she still isn’t breathing,” said Jasmine.

“Step aside,” said Genie, “the doctor is in.” He pulled on rubber gloves and doctor’s mask and listened to her heart with a stethoscope before cracking his fingers and pushing down on her chest. He did it one more time before Suhki coughed out some sand and turned over so the sand could fall out.

“Suhki!” exclaimed Aladdin as he hugged her.

“Get off me,” she gasped and coughed some more.

“Right, sorry. I’m just…I was so worried,” he said backing off a bit, “I already thought I lost you once back in that cave. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you.”

“I’d bet you’d still pine after the princess,” she said. Jasmine’s eyes went wide and she looked up at Aladdin. Aladdin made eye contact with her and sighed.

“Jasmine, I’m sorry I lied to you about being a prince,” he said.

“I know why you did,” she said smiling.

“Well I guess this, is ‘good bye’,” he said getting up and Jasmine followed suit.

“Oh that stupid law. This isn’t fair. I love you,” she said cupping the side of his face.

“Al no problem you still got one wish left, just say the word and you’re a prince again,” said Genie trying to help.

“But genie what about your freedom?” asked Aladdin.

“Hey it’s only an eternity or servitude, this is true love. You aren’t going to find another girl like this in a million years, believe me I’ve looked,” he said smiling softly at the couple.

“Jasmine I do love you, but I got to stop pretending to be something I’m not,” he said. Suhki was shocked, the truth must have finally hit him in the head and knocked some sense into him. There was no other explanation as to why he was acting like Aladdin again.

“I understand,” said Jasmine sadly.

“Genie I wish for your freedom,” he said holding the lamp out.

“One bonefied prince pedigree coming up- what?” asked Genie shocked.

“Genie, you’re free,” said Aladdin strongly. Genie’s arm bands fell to the ground and the lamp went dead. Genie picked it up and looked at it.

“I’m free. I’m free! Quick, quick, wish for something outrageous. The Nile, wish for the Nile,” said Genie excited.

“Uh, I wish for the Nile,” said Aladdin confused.

“No way! Ahahaha ah does that feel good. Oh I am free, I am free at last. I’m hitting the road, I’m off to see the world, I’m-” he stopped as he took a look at Aladdin looking slightly sad but still smiling.

“Genie I’m going to miss you,” he said.

“Me too Al. No matter what anybody says, you will still always be a prince to me,” Genie said solemnly.

“That’s right, you’ve certainly proved yourself worthy,” interjected the Sultan.

“Father?” asked Jasmine as they turned to face him.

“Well am I Sultan or am I Sultan? I declare from this day forth the princess shall marry whoever she deems worthy,” he said and Jasmine ran to Aladdin and hugged him as he picked her up and twirled her around before placing her back down and smiling.

“Him. I choose, I choose you, Aladdin,” she said smiling.

“Heh, call me Al,” he said with a little chuckle.

“Oh all of you come over here. Big group hug, group hug!” Genie pulled everyone over and hugged them, everyone except Suhki who was sitting on the ground out of the way, she didn’t feel like a group hug right now, “Do you mind if I kiss the monkey? Oh hair ball.” He laughed before making his way over to Suhki and hugging her.

“I’ll miss you Genie. Have fun with your freedom, and thanks for everything,” she said smiling at him.

“You know now I can make wishes for anyone I want. Anything you want?” he asked.

“I’m good,” she said. Genie glanced at Aladdin then back at her, “no, Genie. He’s happy with the Princess.” Genie nodded and smiled before straightening up.

“Well I can’t do any more damage around this popsicle stand! I’m out of here! Bye bye you two crazy love birds. Hey rug man ciao! I’m history, no I’m mixology! No, I don’t care what I am, I’m free!” he yelled as he took off into the sky and was soon out of sight.

“Now time to start planning the wedding,” said the Sultan excited, “it has to be tonight, law still states by your next birthday, which is today.”

“Tonight?!” asked Aladdin shocked.

“Yes, I guess he isn’t changing that part of the law,” she said laughing.

“Wow, this is just sudden, but I guess the sooner the better,” said Aladdin grabbing her hand and smiling.

“Oh, you two, come on let’s get things underway!” shouted the Sultan and pushing them towards the doorway.

“Wait, I’ll catch up with you in a minute,” said Aladdin. Jasmine and her father nodded before heading off. Aladdin made his way over to Suhki. Abu was trying to help her onto the carpet. She was a little shaky on her legs and kept coughing which would cause her to lose her balance.

“Here,” he said smiling at Abu and carefully picking Suhki up and placing her on to Carpet.

“Thank you,” she said making sure she had a good hold on Carpet.

“Hey, Suhki, thanks. For everything you’ve done for me, and I’m sorry for the way I treated you. You were right and I never should have put you through all that drama,” he said at first uncomfortable then becoming serious.

“Just don’t ever do that again. I like Aladdin,” she said patting his cheek before gripping Carpet again, “come on Carpet.” He rose up but Aladdin stopped them.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“Home,” she said, “I don’t belong here, street rat remember. I think the palace already has its residence street rat.”

“No, stay,” said Jasmine running out, “I’m sorry I was eavesdropping, but I want you to stay as well.”

“What could I possibly do here?” asked Suhki laughing a bit at the image of her living in the palace, “I’m sorry but the whole palace thing was always Aladdin’s dream.”

“I can think of something,” said Aladdin smiling.

“What?” asked Suhki with a raised eyebrow.

“It seems the spot of Royal Vizier had an opening,” he said smirking.

“That’s perfect!” said Jasmine, “so would you please stay?”

“Do you really want me to stat that badly?”

“Yes! I’ve been with you for years, I don’t want that to change,” said Aladdin.

“And you’re my first true friend, that’s a human,” said Jasmine looking at Rajah when she said the last bit.

“Then I’ll stay,” sighed Suhki. Aladdin smiled and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Thanks,” he said. Suhki just rolled her eyes and nodded.

“Here I’ll show you to the room you will be staying in,” said Jasmine taking hold of one of Carpet’s tassels and leading them away.

“It better not be Jafar’s,” said Suhki and Jasmine laughed.

“No, it isn’t,” she said. They were silent as they walked down a hallway and Jasmine led them into a room. It wasn’t as large as Jasmines but it was almost like a miniature version of it.

“This is it,” said Jasmine letting go of Carpet.

“Well, I must say, it’s kind of what I was expecting for a palace room. Thanks, Jasmine,” said Suhki glancing around before Carpet led her over to the bed and pushed her onto it. Suhki pulled the silk covers over her and coughed before settling down.

“How do you feel?” asked Jasmine.

“Coughing kind of hurts, and I feel slightly dizzy but I’m okay,” said Suhki shrugging. Jasmine took a seat at the end of the bed and shook her head.

“That’s good to hear but I was referring to Aladdin and I getting married. Jafar pointed out that you liked him as well, remember?” she asked. Suhki sighed and looked up at the princess.

“I was kind of hoping you had forgotten about that,” she said.

“It’s true isn’t it? I can see it in your eyes.”

“Yes, it’s true. But please know I’m not going to try anything to get him from you or something like that. I knew he was yours from the first moment he set his eyes on you. I’d known him for years and not once did he look at me like that, no matter how much I wished it. I guess my wishes won’t come true…But he’s happy with you and what kind of friend would I be to take away his happiness, and yours?”

“Oh, Suhki, I don’t know what to say,” said Jasmine looking at Suhki with pity.

“Then don’t say anything. Just get that look of pity off your face and get out of here, you have a wedding to plan remember. I’m a tough cookie, I can handle myself,” said Suhki smiling. Jasmine smiled too and nodded her head.

“You just rest, I’ll come wake you and we can get ready together,” said Jasmine. Suhki nodded and watched the princess leave before sighing and going to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, reviews are welcomed.

-Charlotte