Wish

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

“Genie!” shouted Aladdin as he ran to hug his friend. Genie picked Aladdin up and rubbed his head before placing him back down.

“I thought you were off travelling the world?” asked Jasmine as she received a gentle hug.

“I did, it’s amazing how fast one can travel when you can fly, although I did have to stop over in Denver at one point,” said Genie putting a hand to his chin, “anyway so what’s all going on? Where’s the monkey, and rugman, and Suhki?”

“Abu is off with Carpet somewhere, and I believe Suhki is fetching Prince Ali Ababwa’s lunch,” said Aladdin.

“Oh okay….wait,” said Genie and he looked at all of them, “did you say Prince Ali Ababwa?”

“Yes,” said Aladdin.

“But this time it’s the real one,” said Jasmine.

“Th-the-the real one?” asked Genie confused and exasperated.

“Yes, he is staying at in the guest house,” said the Sultan.

“He heard about my wedding announcement to Prince Ali Ababwa and came as soon as he heard. He had arrived this morning and seems to have taken a liking to Suhki from what I can tell,” said Jasmine.

“Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. I didn’t know there actually a Prince Ali when I thought it up,” said Genie.

“No one did!” said the Sultan, “but it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that we help the Prince and Suhki along.”

“Why? They can’t do it on their own?” asked Genie, “I’m kidding,” he said after they gave him a look, “so what’s the plan?”

Suhki had dropped Prince Ali’s food off before bowing out and going back to work. She had to see some people about this and that before she returned to her room for some much needed rest. Stress is a horrible thing.

Dinnertime had come around and Suhki left her room in search of anyone else. She found a servant walking by with a table cloth and she stopped him to ask.

“Excuse me, where is everyone?” she asked.

“The Prince and Princess are out on a romantic dinner, the sultan will be working late and Abu is off with Genie. It will just be you and the guest this evening,” he said before moving on.

“Why do I feel the Sultan is behind this,” said Suhki to herself before heading to the dining room and seeing Prince Ali looking out a window.

“Like the view?” she asked as she walked over to him.

“Yes, it is quite amazing,” he said smiling before turning to her, “so where is everyone else?”

“It would appear that we will be dining along tonight,” she said with a laugh.

“Oh, if I may, why do you laugh?”

“It’s the sultan. After he finally got his daughter married off, he’s been trying to find a suitor for me. I think he is behind this dinner for two.”

“Well, shall we get to it then?” She nodded and they made their way to the table. They sat down and food was served and they began to eat in silence before Ali had to ask the question he was dying to ask.

“So you didn’t fancy any of the other suitors?” he asked. She laughed and looked at him.

“No, I did not,” she said.

“And how are my odds then?”

“Very good, you made me laugh didn’t you?” He smiled and they went back to eating.

Most of the dinner was very silent until Ali asked if she wanted to go for a walk in the grounds. She agreed and they were now walking around the fountain outside.

“You’ve had many adventures it seems,” he said.

“Yes, I have. Actually before all of this I was a wanted thief, known as Tiger Eyes, because usually that’s all they saw before I sulked back into the night. But once Aladdin married Jasmine, both he and I were pardoned,” she said.

“Tiger Eyes? I like that, it is very suiting,” he said looking into her eyes.

“I thought so too, it was better than Aladdin’s name,” she said.

“Which was?”

“Street rat.”

“Yes, I agree, way better,” he said as they shared a laugh. They then sat down on the edge of the fountain and looked up at the stars.

“So how long do you plan to stay here?” she asked.

“I don’t know, a week at the longest. I would leave tomorrow, but I don’t think my travel companion would like that, and because I am not quite ready to leave yet. There is more to see here in Agraba and plus, I want to spend more time with you. See if I actually have a chance to be your suitor,” he said smiling at her.

“Well that is quite the chance you are taking there, but like I said, the odds are for you,” she said.

“I know,” he said.

She smiled and they continued to look up at the sky when they saw Aladdin and Jasmine fly back on Carpet.

“How late do you think it is?” he asked after they had passed by.

“I bet it is pretty late. We should get some sleep. I’ll walk you back to the guest house,” she said getting up and helping him up. They walked back slowly and he turned around to face her once at the entrance.

“Well, that was quite a nice surprise to enjoy dinner with just you,” he said taking her hand.

“I must say, you aren’t too bad yourself,” she said.

“We must do it again before a leave. But for now, we must get some sleep, so I bid you good night.”

“Good night,” she said before he gave her peck on the cheek and headed into his guest house. She gently put her hand on her cheek where he kissed her and she smiled.

Once back in the palace Jasmine and Aladdin confronted her as she was headed towards her room.

“So? How did it go?” asked Aladdin.

“I know that your dad had something to do with that Jasmine, but I must say, ‘thank you’ I had a very nice time with Prince Ali,” she said.

“Well that’s good news to tell my father,” she said.

“And you Aladdin! Why did you tell me Genie had returned?” she asked poking him in the chest. He shoved her hand away and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Sorry, with all the excitement behind planning I kind of forgot to tell you. Hey, Suhki, guess what, Genie’s back,” he said causing them to burst into laughter.

“But please be honest with us, where do you stand with Prince Ali?” asked Jasmine.

“I like him, a lot, more than any of the other suitors, but I sill don’t know him that well,” she said, “he said he would stay here a week at the most, so we’ll just see what happens before he leaves. And no more planning stuff, okay?”

“Deal,” said Aladdin, “well I’m tired so I’m going to sleep.”

“Same here, good night you two,” said Suhki and they parted ways. Suhki returned to her room and was quickly scooped up into two blue arms.

“Hi Genie,” she said patting his back.

“Suhki!” he shouted, “how have you been, who was that guy you were just with? Is there something I should know?”

“I’m sure you know all about Prince Ali, and were part of the Sultan’s plan.”

“You caught me red handed! Yes I helped with the plan, but I must say you like him or else you probably would have punched him or something when he kissed you.”

“You were spying on us?” she asked.

“Your balcony has quite the view,” he said.

“Okay, okay, yes I like him, now can I please get some sleep?” she asked.

“Yes, of course, nighty night soon to be princess,” he said and quickly left the room before Suhki could comment. She shook her head with a smile and got ready for bed before falling into a dreamless sleep.

The next day Suhki woke up late and was rushing around the palace to get to her meetings on time when she ran into smack into someone in the hallway. Both fell to the ground and Suhki rubbed her head where she ran into the person.

“Wow, you have a hard head,” he said. She looked up and saw Prince Ali sitting there and rubbing his chin.

“Sorry, I overslept and was running a bit late for a few meetings,” she said. He smiled and got up and walked over to her.

“Here,” he said holding a hand out. She grasped it and he pulled her up.

“Thanks,” she said about to run off when he didn’t let go of her hand she turned to him.

“The Sultan freed you for the day. I was just on my way to fetch you,” he said.

“And what would I be doing if I wasn’t doing my job?” she asked.

“Showing me Agraba. I think it will be quite a treat to see it by none other than Tiger Eyes herself,” he said.

“Well if I am free for today,” she said and shrugged before laughing and they headed into town together.

“So this is the market place,” she said and he nodded.

“I got that,” he said with a chuckle.

“Right, oh!” she said as she spotted a familiar old lady. She smiled and made her way over to her.

“Madame Ha?” she asked.

“Oh there you are dear, I was wondering where you had gone. There has been so much that has happened. The Princess finally found a suitor and is married and they have a new Vizier and another Prince is in town,” she said.

“So I’ve heard, how’s the market place been?” she asked.

“Almost the same, but Aladdin is now a prince and Tiger Eyes as gone missing. Rumour has it, she is the new Vizier. Everyone predicts that is why the new Prince is here, to marry her.”

“Interesting, well thank you Madame Ha,” she said and left.

“Who was that?” asked Prince Ali as they walked on.

“Madame Ha, when I use to live here every other day I would see her and she would tell me the news,” she said.

“She seemed like such a nice old lady. Do you think you can show me where you use to live?”

“If you really want to,” she said and led the way to her old home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, reviews are welcomed.

-Charlotte