Would You Like Chips with That?

Part Two

They finished all of those fries, which was a fairly simple task to do amongst the three. They left the expensive mall and stood outside on Market Street once more.

“Let’s just walk down the street; see if we see anything,” said Charlie as she started walking. The other two followed and they kept walking down the street. All of them were pondering about where they could go that would have the best British chips. Nothing was coming to mind and soon enough, after some blocks, they had made their way to the end of the street.

“Now where?” asked Michelle looking at the other two and Stella looked to her.

“Any where sell chips in the Ferry Building?” asked Charlie looking at the other two.

“There is that one place on the end. Kind of a 50’s diner type setting and food, though,” answered Stella.

“Oh yeah, that place has really good milkshakes. Didn’t they change their name though?” asked Michelle.

“Never been, so I don’t know, but I’m willing,” said Charlie.

._

“I’m telling you they looked like giant corndogs,” said Michelle as they sat at their table, waiting for their food to be ready.

“What? No, they don’t, they look like beavers,” said Stella confused, but still on the defence for her beliefs.

“I’m lost. Which Narnia movie are you talking about? BBC or Disney?” asked Charlie just as confused.

“BBC,” said Michelle at the same time Stella said, “Disney.”

“Okay. Let me re-phrase. The beavers in the BBC ‘Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe’ look like giant corndogs with tails,” said Michelle and the other nodded in agreement.

“But there were many things wrong with that version,” said Charlie.

“Like fat Lucy, and what was up with that animation?” laughed Stella and the others joined her.

“And that coronation scene? It looked like they were getting married,” said Michelle still chuckling.

“Then we agree, the Disney one was better, right?” asked Charlie.

“Well, let’s see, the music was way better, very good music,” said Stella trying to remember the movie.

“Yeah, who was the composer? Harry something?” asked Michelle.

“Hold on,” said Charlie who reached into her bag. She pulled out her ipod and looked around on it before finding what she was looking for. “Harry Gregson-Williams.”

“You have the soundtrack?” asked Stella looking at the ipod screen before Charlie turned it off.

“Yes, I do. You, yourself, said it was good music,” she said while putting her ipod away.

“Yes I did. So good music, check. And Liam Neeson, can’t deny him,” said Stella doing a count on her fingers.

“And to branch off that, no robot Aslan, a decent CGI one,” said Charlie.

“And, a big one, James McAvoy as Tumnus. Not some old, hairy guy,” added Michelle.

“Oh yeah, big improvement,” said Charlie nodding in agreement.

“Well let’s talk about the kids. Lucy wasn’t fat, nor buck-toothed,” said Stella.

“She was perfectly adorable,” said Michelle after thinking about how she wanted to phrase her description.

“She was very good. So was Anna Popplewell, I liked her in Little Vampire and was happy to see her as Susan,” said Charlie.

“What about the Peter?” asked Stella.

“Annoying and full on himself?” tried Charlie.

“So perfect?” asked Stella laughing.

“Basically,” agreed Charlie.

“Hey. I like Peter, and I felt that William Moseley did a great job,” argued Michelle.

“Yes, he was able to play annoying and full of himself well,” said Stella.

“Well who do you like then?” asked Michelle crossing her arms and looking at Stella.

“Personally, I’m a Ben Barnes fan, though I could have gone without seeing Dorian Gray, that movie was just awkward sex scenes. But I think he was a very strong Prince Caspian,” said Stella. Just then the coaster that alerted them that their food was ready began to vibrate and light up.

“I’ll get it,” said Charlie looking at the two arguing friends, “good.” She took the coaster and went to fetch the food. When she returned they were still arguing over Peter and Caspian. She placed the fries in the centre of the table and the two milkshakes in front of her friends before sitting down and intervening.

“Would you give it a rest? Stella you like Caspian, Michelle you like Peter. End of story,”
she said looking between them. They then turned on her.

“Which one do you like?” asked Michelle.
“Yes, which one do you like?” asked Stella, both hopeful her decision would decide a winner.

“Neither,” said Charlie, smiling to herself as she knew this isn’t what they wanted to hear, as she unfolded the napkins they were given. She then looked up at them, “I’m an Edmund fan.”

“What?” asked Stella.

“How could you like Edmund? He betrays them. If each of the Pevensie’s represented Hogwarts houses, he would be Slytherin,” said Michelle.

“I feel his betrayal adds depth to his character and makes him seem more human,” she said.

“I think she just likes the actor because finally there is someone as pasty white as she is,” said Stella looking at Michelle.

“True but what about Conan O’Brien? He is known as ‘the man that never tans’,” said Michelle. Stella was about to agree when Charlie, who had been rubbing her forehead, interjected.

“Okay! Can we just get back to the reason why we are here?” she cried and pointing to the fries between them.

“Right,” said Michelle and the other two both took fries. They all took a bite and looked at Charlie to see if these are what she had been searching for.

“These are really good, but too gourmet for what I’m looking for.” The other two groaned and slumped forward.

._

“Where to next?” asked Stella before taking a sip of her milkshake.

“Want to head North?” asked Michelle holding her milkshake, “there isn’t really anything South.”

“Sure,” said Charlie and they continued to walk along the pathway passing the different piers.

“What about Pier 39?” asked Stella after looking at the pier sign they just walked past.

“Isn’t that the touristy pier?” asked Charlie.

“Yeah, there are sure to be decent fries there, probably comes with fish as well,” said Michele.

“Do you think food aimed at tourists would work?” asked Charlie sceptical.

“Why not? It’s all we have now. Plus, we get British tourists here,” said Michelle.

“Then I guess Pier 39 it is,” said Charlie and the continued on in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more part after this. I hope you all enjoy it.

-Charlotte