Fantasies

Seventeen; Sacrifices

Brian

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I yelled. How is it that Johnny can be so thoughtless. He realizes Darlie is going out and decides to tell me four days after he notices.

"I didn't think much of it. I just thought she was getting air. But it's become a habit and -,"

"Look, I don't even want to see you right now." I walked back into the room and grabbed my hoodie. I walked out, ignoring the guys. I'm not sure if Darlie has noticed this, but we're in some deep crap. This isn't all games.

She's so clueless sometimes. I don't know how I'll be able to put up with her any longer. I ran down the steps and walked out the door. I spotted a girl with a white hoodie near another girl with a short skirt.

So, she's been hanging out with her?

I ran behind them, feeling somewhat confused.

"Brian, let's see what she's going to do." Zach said, scaring me senseless. We kept our distance so nothing would seem too obvious. They just walked and Darlie would say something occasionally.

It really doesn't look like much of anything.

They stopped for a second, the hooker making her way into an alley. Darlie threw her hands up and started backing up. She then stopped and followed her in. My steps became faster and more powerful.

Zach's pace grew louder as we noticed they had disappeared. A van had pulled up and we started running. We got to the alley and Darlie ran towards me, our bodies colliding. I helped her up and looked above me. Vergario was standing near the woman, holding the gun towards us.

"Come in, will you?" he said. We started moving closer and Vergario smiled, "You know, I find it funny that you guys slip through me so easily. I had this...hooker do me a job. So she works for me."

"Worked." she interrupted.

"Worked," he nodded, "But now is where the fun begins. I really liked you, Brian. I was starting to think that you were just like me. But you fall for people way too easily. And so do your friends. But, it's time to say your goodbyes. Tonight some souls will die. Starting with you, Brian. Say goodbye to Darlie."

"No." Darlie insisted.

"What, do you want me to start with you?" she gasped at his question.

"I don't understand, why would you want to kill Darlie? Isn't she the one you want?"

"Yeah, but things have gotten out of hand. I don't want to keep her around in case she might open that big mouth of hers and spill to everyone that I've gone rouge. So you're all gone." he smiled. He pointed the gun towards the hooker.

She looked confused at his actions, "I don't trust you either." he said.

She looked at us and then at him. A shot was heard and Vergario fell to the ground, screaming as he held his leg close. Matt grabbed us and we started running. I didn't have time to notice who had even shot Vergario.

"Where the hell are we going?" Darlie asked.

"I don't know."

"I have a van," the hooker said, "we can take that." I looked at her, feeling slightly confused. Darlie pulled on me and we ran down one of the streets. We stood in front of the van and started getting in. Johnny was behind Darlie when one of Vergario's men caught up with us.

He pointed the gun at Darlie, causing us all to scream. I closed my eyes and heard a shot. A shot that pierced me. I turned to Matt and he pulled out a gun, shooting the man down.

"Johnny?" Darlie said. I looked towards her, feeling as if it was my imagination speaking. Johnny was on the ground, breathing slightly.

"Johnny!" I screamed, "Johnny, come on man, we have to get out of here! Johnny!"

"Johnny, come on you bastard!" Zach yelled, tears running down his eyes. Darlie grabbed onto Johnny, blood filled her hands. Johnny's heart beat shortened.

"We need to go, the cops are coming!" the woman yelled.

"Johnny, come on, don't do this now. We need you, man. I love you, Johnny." I said, tears covering my face.

His heart beat stopped and Darlie's facial expression couldn't be read.

"Johnny!" she finally screamed, "Why did you do this? Why did you do this for me? Why did you do this to me?" her head rested against his as every tear she had stored had escaped.

"Come on!" the woman said, grabbing Darlie and pulling her in. We all got into the van, turning back and looking at Johnny. Matt stepped on the gas as tears escaped all of our eyes. I turned back, looking out the window at the mess that had been left of Johnny.

Oh, Johnny, my brother. Zach tore up his shirt in pain. Darlie was silent.

This is it. Vergario has taken away the closest thing to family I have. He's going to pay for Johnny's life with his life and all his worker's lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it weird that I kind of cried as I wrote this? Yeah...Um, I don't even - .

I don't know if I even like this. It is an action story so...Yeah. I don't know. Maybe it's because it reminds me of the Rev...kinda. Okay, next chapter up tomorrow if there's four comments.