Fantasies

Twenty-Five; Nothing Happened

Darlie

I sat in the corner of Brian's room, pressing my hands to my ears. Not a word that's surrounding me do I want to hear. I feel scared. The idiotic Boogeyman thoughts started surrounding my head. I want to be anywhere but here. Or at least I want to be near someone.

The guys and Mia are watching a scary movie. Which one? I don't know. All I hear is screaming and...well, screaming. Oh yeah, I also hear loud monster-like noises. This isn't good. I'm not a tough girl. I can't handle scary movies.

"Darlie, it's at the best part!" Zach screams from downstairs. I jump as soon as I hear my name. I will never go down there. For some odd reason, Mia thinks it's funny. How do you find someone's pain and misery funny?

I sigh once more, trying not to let tears out. I tend to cry when things such as these happen. It's just in my nature, I guess. I'm not used to scary movies. Except for the times my brother's friend would put one on. Then I'd just blast my headphones and sit by him, not even daring to open my eyes.

"Crap, I have to pee," I whispered to myself. I looked around before getting up. I tiptoed to Brian's bathroom and gently closed the door. I looked around at his oddly places items and a slight giggle left my lips.

I finished up and washed my hands, not daring to look at the mirror. Crazy things happen with mirrors when people watch scary movies. Or so I was told.

I opened the door and was frightened by a monster.

"Agh!" I screamed, falling to the ground and letting all my tears out. I felt pain everywhere. I started seeing purple and green before my eyes closed.

~~~

Darlie

"Darlie, are you okay?" a deep voice from above me asked. It was Brian, of course.

"What happened?"

"Um, I put a sheet over my head and you fainted," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. It happens, okay? I get scared and I faint. It's just...normal. I think.

"Sorry, I didn't know you'd get that scared. If you would have told me I would have stayed up here with you."

"It's fine." I said, rubbing my head. I'm positive I didn't hit my head, but I still feel dizzy. Perhaps from the scream.

"You've been acting weird lately." he said, sitting beside me on his white tiled floor.

"What? I'm fine."

"What happened last night?"

"Nothing, nothing happened."

"I don't believe you. Has anyone ever told you you're a bad liar?"

"Yes. I mean, I mean, nothing happened!"

"Tell me, Darlie. If you don't, I'm leaving."

"Where are you going?"

"To America. You can stay here with Mia and the guys and I will leave. It's best."

"No! No! I'll tell you!"

He breathed in, as if he had accomplished something great.

"Last night you told me - you told me I had thunder thighs."

"Aha, what?"

"You said that I had thunder thighs, okay?"

He laughed, "Well, you have nice legs. I like thunder thighs. Yours are perfect. Not tiny, not huge. Like Zooey Deschanel."

"Thanks..."

"But that's not everything, is it?"

"Yeah, that's almost just about it."

"Almost?"

"I mean, that's it."

"Okay."

I held my breath so he wouldn't notice any deep breathing.

"Why are your eyes so wide?" he asked.

"Hmm?"

"Your eyes just got huge."

"Du-um, nothing."

"That's a nice response. 'Why are your eyes so huge?' 'Nothing.'"

"Tehe. Um, I just - I'm sick."

"What illness makes your eyes big?"

I looked around before giving him a foolish response, "Diabetes."

"Darlie, what exactly happened last night?"

"Nothing!"

"Did I do something to you?"

"What? No, no Brian."

"What, did I try to do something?"

"No, Brian, you just, you said something, that's all."

"What did I say?"

"You said that you loved me!" I screamed.

He sat confused, his eyes now widened. Perhaps even more so than mine were. I caught my breath. I didn't want to say anything.

"Is that all?"

"No."

"Then what is the thing that's keeping you so stiff?"

"You said that you wanted to marry me as well."

"Okay." He kissed my cheek and stood up. He walked away and I heard him running down the steps.

Way to go, Darlie. Really, very classy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's short.
Anyway, please don't be a silent reader.
Thanks to the people who do read this story.
And thanks to the ones who comment! :"D
I'll update tomorrow.