Fantasies

Twenty-Six; Selfish

Brian

I haven't spoken to Darlie in an entire day. It's awkward even seeing her. She just runs past me or locks herself in her room while we all take time to chat things up. I don't want to tell any of the guys what happened, that would only bring trouble. I already know what Zach would think.

Darlie will be eighteen in two weeks. I'm almost thirty. The idea of it seems so twisted and so wrong. I could never take away the childhood of a girl like Darlie. She's so different from any other girl I've met before. Yes, I do regret telling her that I loved her. But did I lie? That's just what I want to figure out.

If only she was older, or if I was younger. It'd all be so much easier. It'd be so simple. I wouldn't have to worry about the things that I should worry about now.

What am I saying? I'm not even sure if she feels the same way. Perhaps that's why she's ignoring me.

Besides, if I even tried to have a relationship with her, it could only lead to bad things. The emotional connection would be so much more stronger. And if anything happened it would be worse than if we weren't together. Anything, as in if Vergario found out where we were. Or even if she ended up going back home. I'm sure we wouldn't be able to continue our relationship.

And I have a band. Not to brag but she's not used to that lifestyle. I go all around the world with these guys and she wouldn't understand why there would be so many girls surrounding me. Sometimes those girls are nearly naked. It could only make jealousy fuel through her mind.

I tapped my finger on the leather coach as Mia bored holes into my chest. What she's thinking of is pretty easy to figure out. I take my time to look over at Matt who's having a starring contest with Zach. The things they do to pass time...

My eyes land once more on Mia and she jumps in surprise. Her small eyes widen and a smile crosses her lips.

"Guys, I'm gonna go for a walk." Darlie says. She catches me so off guard that I look around, pretending I wasn't just checking out Mia. She somewhat glares at me and passes me by.

"Um, Darlie, you can't go by yourself." I say, finally breaking the 24 hour mark.

"What, do you expect me to go with you?" she questions. Matt's eyes widen and I feel embarrassed.

"What's your problem?"

"My problem, you're the one who just walked away yesterday."

"No, Darlie. Listen here. I'm sacrificing everything I have for you. Everything I am could just vanish for your safety, you know that, right?"

She glares.

"What, you're that selfish?" I ask, making her tremble.

"I'm not selfish, Brian! I'm sick of being here with you. I want to go home to my mom. I have never spent a second away from her and now I'm stuck here with a guy who can't even express his feelings to me."

"I'm a guy, Darlie. I'm not gonna cry in front of you. But don't you think that just because I don't, that I don't feel left out from the world. Do you know how much I miss my music?"

"Then go, Brian! Go and live your life. You guys too! I can make it! It'd be better if I stayed on my own anyway."

"Darlie, shut up and go upstairs!" Zach yells.

Her eyes slowly turn to Zach as tears run down her face. We're all shocked by her reaction. She's a selfish girl. She's everything I doubted her to be.

"Zach," she whispers, grasping tightly on her blue dress.

He stands up and stomps away. Mia gets up, only to hang onto my arm.

"Let's go to bed, Mia." I say and walk away with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to update now.
So if I get two comments, I'll do it!