Fantasies

Twenty-Nine; Bye Bye Brian

Brian

I walked around the house, trying to keep my mind off of something serious. Something as serious as Darlie. I haven't seen her or any of the guys since yesterday, when Darlie and Mia got into a fight. I was stupid to react the way I did. But what else should I have done? I'm just worried now. Mr.Davis's murder is on the news. I try not to follow what's happening, but it's hard to avoid.

They keep repeating that Darlie is missing and it isn't necessarily lowering my stress. Mia hasn't been much of help since she only goes to Spas. She gotten her hair done three times this week. Once yesterday, and another today since Darlie ruined some extensions yesterday.

I need to speak to Zach about Mia. I didn't know he was trying to get with her. I'm not the type of guy to do that to my best friend. I just feel so clueless.

I grabbed the remote and changed the channel. I'm sick of listening to news. Everything is so depressing. The world is so depressing. Matt should know better than to take off with her. He should know that it's my responsibility to take care of her. And what makes it worse is that not Zach nor Matt took their phones.

"Just chill out, Brian."

"How am I supposed to chill out, Mia? I'm not like you. I can't just let all my problems pass me by. I actually have to deal with them. That's how life is, Mia."

"We're exactly the same, Brian. You haven't realized that yet, have you? You and I break rules. We got against everything our families thought we should do. We break the law. We don't care."

"That's just it, Mia. I do care. I'm only doing this for Darlie."

"Forget about her. She's a child next to you. You're a man."

I sighed and sat down on the couch. Even looking for them would be pointless.

~~~

Darlie

Matt traced around the hotel room.

"Okay, Zach will go back. He'll tell him that it's better if just the three of us move somewhere else. Brian and Mia can do whatever they want. After we know it's safe for Darlie we can start with the music again."

"Matt, wouldn't it be better if I just left. I can easily keep contact with you guys."

"No, Darlie, you're only seventeen. You need help here."

"You still think I'm a child, Matt. I'm old enough to know what it is that I want."

"Same with me. Zach, take a cab to Brian. When you're coming back, make sure he doesn't follow. Watch your back and make sure no one else sees where you're going."

"I'll just take the cab to the main street. I can walk from there." Zach said, standing up and buttoning his jacket.

"Alright, man."

He walked out the cellar door and Matt smiled my way. He makes me giggle when he gets like this.

"So, what now?" he asks.

"We order pizza and watch a show."

He jumped up in excitement and called the landlord. She happens to be a fan of their music and doesn't mind helping us out.

"Order two large pizzas for us!"

She smiled our way and walked back up the stairs. We're basically in hiding here. We can't go out anywhere so Vergario doesn't find us. Not that he'd even think that we're here. But still. That's how it is until this entire thing blows over. Or at least we hope it does.

Matt sat by my side once more and grabbed the remote, turning onto some movie that was just starting.

"I love this movie!"

"What is it called?" I asked.

"Saw. I can't remember which one it is."

"Take it off!"

"What, why?"

"Take it off, Matt!"

I grabbed the remote and turned to a show that seemed interesting. Matt kept looking at me, somewhat confused.

"I don't like scary things."

He laughed and pinched my cheek. Causing my eyes to widen at his oddness. He mimicked my look and then laughed. I honestly wouldn't think twice about saying he's high. But he isn't, oddly.

"This seems like a nice show."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short.
But, there it is. :"D