Fantasies

Thirty; Backstabbing

Brian

"I can't believe it."

"I hope you understand," Zach continued, "She's really stressed. We all are. What you did really hurt all of us."

"I swear, I didn't know you guys had a thing. I don't even like Mia."

He shook his head, trying not to look up at me.

"Believe me, Zach. I would never do that to you."

"But you did it to Darlie. You know she likes you. I would even say that she loves you. But you basically killed her, man. She won't be able to trust you anymore. I think it's best. We're hopping that everything is sorted out before the concert at Madison. If not, then we'll have to leave her with someone."

"That concert is just three months away, you realize that? I think Vergario might be waiting until then just to hit us hard."

"Try to be positive."

I looked at him. He didn't look at me the same way he used to. He's mad and hurt. All because of my selfish needs.

"W-where's Mia." he interrupted the silence.

"Probably sleeping. She's pissed because I haven't been talking to her."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I guess I was just worried."

"Alright, um, I think I better get going."

"Wait, can you at least tell me where you'll be?"

"I think it's best not to."

I sighed, glaring at him. They act as if I'm going to kidnap her myself.

"Alright, why don't you sit and watch TV while I shower. I'll make you something to eat when I'm done."

"No, I mean, okay. Go ahead. I'll wait here."

My eyebrows rose at his awkward stance. I ran up the steps and into my room.

~~

Darlie

Zachy walked in with a hoodie covering his face. He was completely socked with rain. It's been pouring hard since he left. He nodded towards Matt and then shot me a quick smile. He sat on the coach and I ran to get him a cup of tea.

"What happened?" Matt asked, bending over.

"I waited until he got into the shower so I could leave. I couldn't take any chances. I know him too well."

"Good."

He put his head down, rubbing his hair. I walked towards him and handed him the tea. He thanked me and took a sip.

"I don't think what we're doing is good."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Brian is like my brother. I feel as if I'm betraying him."

"You'd be hurting him if you let him be with Darlie. It would only get them both killed. This isn't a fairy-tale. This is real. They can't be together, no matter how much they care about each other. Just remember what happened to Johnny." Matt said.

Zach sat the tea on the table near him. He seemed as if he wanted to throw it. I sat beside him and put my arm around his shoulders. He sighed and looked at me with his water filled yes.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's alright. We'll get revenge, just you wait."

I stood up and walked towards the television, turning it on and putting on the news.

"The investigation for the murder of a young man named Johnny Christ continues tonight, as Falisha Tompson gives us the news in New York City."

Our hearts dropped.

Yes, Megan. Christ was a bassist in a successful band known as Avenged Sevenfold. He was shot and killed here three weeks ago. The investigation keeps getting deeper and deeper as more and more secrets are discovered. He is said to have been drinking on the night of his murder and was also with a prostitute who hasn't been identified. Rumours of him being killed by an undercover agent have been surfacing. But there isn't enough evidence. Witnesses say that he was accompanied by a group of men when he was killed. They attempted to help him but another armed man quickly ran towards them, causing them to run. We're still trying to find out who this group of people was."

"Thank you, Falisha. Many fans are mourning his death including his family and friends. We'll have more on this story tomorrow night."

"Why is it that every time I turn on the TV something like this comes up?"

"It took them long enough." Zach said.

"No, they've been investigating for a while." Matt interrupted.

"You knew about this?" Zach stood up.

"Yes, and I didn't want to say anything because I knew how defensive you'd get."

"This isn't something you just hide from me. I'm not a child."

"I know, I'm sorry man."

Zach laid on the coach and closed his eyes, ignoring Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been a while.
Sorry about that.
I'm really sick. :(