Fantasies

Thirty-Six; Sleep

Brian

I slightly opened my eyes, everything surrounding me was blurry. The room was a bright shade of white. I feared that I was in a mental institution for a second. Echoes were heard coming from a heavy wooden door. I don’t have the strength to move.

“Brian?” Matt’s faded voice asked. I looked at him and his eyes were filled with tears.

“D-Darlie?”

“Brian, she’s alive. What you saw yesterday was a hallucination. None of it was real.”

Even so, I feel that the hallucination makes me want to find her even more. What if she’s really in that state? What if she really needs me? What if she truly feels responsible?

"Where is she?"

"We don't know. But you need to be strong, Brian. For her. Do it for Darlie."

"..."

"What did you take?"

"I don't know. They were in the kitchen. I needed to leave reality for a minute."

"He took my old meds. They're expired, bro. And they're too strong. I couldn't even take them. Why would you do something like that without a care?"

"Why would Darlie leave me without even talking to me about it?"

"Brian, you yourself know that you would had gone after her. You would've kept her with you. It's better this way until it all clears out."

"But if she wanted to go that bad, I wouldn't had stopped her. I just needed to see her one more time."

"Brian, if I really knew, I would tell you." Matt insisted.

"After this, I want to go to London. I just want to be in a silent place."

"No problem." Zach said.

I closed my eyes once more. I feel so sleepy. It's as if I've taken a bunch of sleeping pills. I would know the feeling.

"Brian, try to get some more rest. We'll be downstairs." I closed my eyes once they had walked out the door.