Fantasies

Thirty-Seven; Eighteen

Darlie

A bright ray of light went through my window as I counted my money. I laid it in hundreds on my bed. Sadly, five-hundred is all I have. Not that there's really much to save up for. Basically, if someone were to find out that I'm here, I would have to go. I can't risk it. But I also have to focus on buying a car. Even if it's something small, I need to be able to travel without it being on foot.

I looked at my brown clock that was on the bright white wall right beside the calender. It's half past three. I'm off today since I stayed to clean up after yesterday's party. It isn't a bad thing, I guess. But I don't really have much to do.

I got up and walked towards the calender. The 25th. I wrinkled my eyebrows as I re-read the date. Why does the 25th make me feel as if it's an important date.

"Crap, it's my birthday." I whispered to myself.

Eighteen, finally, I turn eighteen. It seems so insane. Back home I'd stay up with my best friend and wonder how I'd behave when I finally turned legal. I felt as if I'd be a ten year old in an eighteen year old's body. But now that I think about it, I've matured a lot. I feel way older than eighteen. I guess this experience has sort of forced me to mature.

My mom, she would had just smiled at me, knowing that her only daughter is finally eighteen. We don't celebrate or anything, but at least I would had been able to see her facial expression and realized that she's proud of me. How she must be suffering today. My brothers probably think I'm gone.

Who knows what my best friend is thinking. I suck back the tears in vain. My life has become cold and sickening. The fact that it's been almost a year since I see my family drives me insane and makes me a tad desperate. But there's really nothing I can do. All I can do, for their sake, is sit back and just wait.

Until when, I don't know. But I need to be strong because I'm sure Vergario wouldn't have a hard time taking their lives as well.

Tears poured out as I thought about something so sickening. He could actually kill my family. But I'd get to him before he even considers it.

I grabbed my house keys and walked out the door. I have on a baseball cap, baggy boyfriend jeans, gray converse, a tank top, and a blazer-like thing. I can't say I have the nicest sense of style. The truth is, there's really no one I have to dress up for anymore. There's no reason on wearing dresses and fixing myself up so much.

I walked near a red car where a very beautiful woman walked out. Her hair was dark and curly and her skin was a dark shade. Her green eyes made her stand out. I smiled when I noticed a man walk to her side and grab her hand. It's nice to see happy couples around here.

I made my way towards the orphanage and walked in. Lacey, one of the little girls, ran up to me and hugged me.

"I didn't know you'd make it." she spoke in her British accent.

"Of course I'd come." I smiled.

"Agh!" she laughed, "Already the American accent?!"

I sighed and starred at the ground. I completely forgot about that.

"You know how I am." I laughed. We walked to one of the rooms where Lacey told me about a new boy, Dylan, who's very sad because his parents 'abandoned' him.

"Go speak to him." she insisted. I walked up to the boy and knelt beside him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Darlie's Outfit.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was in New York. Thanks for reading.