Fantasies

Thirty-Nine; Molars

Darlie

I looked down at my dirty converse, stepping on my left one with the right, “It’s time for a change.” I whispered. Miley’s eyes widened as she heard those words. They slowly came back down and her expression turned into a frown.

“I can’t say I’m shocked. You’ve been saving up for this long. I should have known it was for something.”

“I know, I just don’t think I can stay here any longer. In my eyes, the danger is over.”

“I just wish you would tell me what it is that happened.”

“It’s not important. I’m sure I’ll be back at my home in no time,” I sighed, still beating on my shoes, “I just need more money.”

“Well, if you’d just stop spending so much money, you’d be a billionaire.”

“You know I have this new strong addiction to shopping.”

“You weren’t like that before, love. I don’t know what’s gotten into you.”

“It’s that new cheap store.”

“It’s cheap if you shop there every once in a while. But not every time you get your check. Listen, work for some more time. You don’t need to buy food or pay rent. You’re a princess here. All you need to do is stop shopping and keep saving. Those extra pounds can come in handy.”

“It sounds easier than it is, Miley.”

“Ugh, just make sure you have your dress for tonight and go take this plate down to the orphanage. Make sure it goes to Lady Marry instead of Miss.Floid. That woman always eats it all.”

I grabbed the plate that was covered in aluminum foil. I walked out of the diner that seemed to be where most of my money and my hope came from and started towards the orphanage. I starred at my dirty shoes as I walked down. I seem like such a lazy person here. I usually clean my shoes after each use but I just don’t feel inspired now.

I opened the orphanage door and was faced with Miss.Floid.

“For me?” she asked in her strong Scottish accent.
“No, you were just at the diner.” she slightly smiled and I walked into Lady Marry’s office. I placed the plate on her desk and quietly ran out before she had time to thank me. Marry is someone who rather enjoys speaking. I don’t have the patience to sit there and listen to her extremely long stories.

Not that I haven’t heard them all.

“Candy!” a little boy named Jimmy called my way. I smiled but my friendly look quickly became concerned.

“What’s wrong?”

“My tooth hurts!”

“What?”

“His molar needs to be taken out but it’s too much money. The dentist who does it for free went to another city that also has an orphanage. They’re also in need of him. I don’t know what to do.”

“Well, how much is it to get it taken out?”

“56 pounds but he’s not the only one who needs it. Eighteen of our children need to go to the dentist. He charges fifty-six pounds to have them checked and if you need a tooth removed. But anything like braces is extra.”

“What do the other children need?”

“Most of them the same as Jimmy. About four need to have cavity fillings but when I spoke to the dentist he said he would just charge the fifty-six pounds for that.”

“That’s a lot of money.”

“Yes, but we need it. We’re waiting for donations. They’re all in pain.”

“Hang in there Jimmy. I’m sure the dentist will be back soon.”

“In about a month. He’s too busy.”

“Wow, I sighed. I’ll come back tomorrow, alright Jimmy? Just take some pain killers and go to bed.”

Jimmy walked away in tears, gently pressing his hand on his cheek. I sighed and looked at Miss.Floid then started walking out the door.

I only need about a thousand pounds to get out of here. That’s all I need. Then I can try to find Brian, Matt, and Zach. I’m sure Brian is worried. I need to find him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back from Dominican Republic

Three shades darker

Five times more mature

And with a lot more inspiration to write

Thanks for waiting. I'll update tomorrow.