Fantasies

Forty-Three; Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You

Darlie

He started undressing me as I whispered Brian’s name.

“Don’t you dare say that name again!” Charles squeezed me face with just one of his hands. I cried out for help.

“Hey, what’s going on back there?” the driver asked.

“Do your job and keep driving until I tell you to stop.”

“Help me.” I whispered.

“Hey, get off of her.”

“Listen, just shut up and do your job!”

A bright light came into the car. I didn’t even scream as I realized we were slamming into a car head first. I closed my eyes tightly as the honks became louder, as this nightmare became a lot more real.

Brian

I ran outside and saw as Darlie was pushed into a black vehicle. The man she was with got in as well and the car quickly drove off.

“Darlie!” I yelled hopelessly. A man was getting into a taxi and I pushed him away.

“Hey, how about you get your own.” he insisted.

“Look, I’m sorry, but a man just drove away with my – with my wife and I need to get her. He’s going to hurt her.”

“I’m sorry man, go.”

“Follow that black car that’s at the stop!” I yelled to the cab driver. My hand made a fist. I should have run to her sooner. I should’ve never let her go.

“So, that’s your um, your wife?” the driver asked.

“Y-yes. Please just don’t talk. Drive faster. Wait, w-what are they doing?” the cab stopped as we realized that the vehicle in front of us was going to crash. I ran out of the cab as I covered my ears tightly. The crash took place quickly and I ran towards the black car.

“Darlie?” I asked, attempting to open the door, “It’s locked. Try to unlock it!” No one spoke a word. I ran to the driver’s seat which was already open from the crash. I unlocked the door that held the man who was hurting her, “Darlie.” I whispered.

Her hair gently fell over her face. Blood dripped from her mouth and her eyes slightly blinked. The man that was on top of her took most of the pain. I grabbed both her arms and pulled her out.

“Is she alright?” the cab driver asked.

“Yeah.”

“I – I don’t know what I’d do if something like that happened to my girlfriend. Take care of your wife.” he said before walking away into his cab.

“W-wife?” Darlie asked.

“Yeah, um, I don’t know why I called you that.”

“I missed you.” she said.

“I missed you too.” her lips touched mine as I held her in my arms tightly.

“Let’s go get you cleaned up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the readers and subscribers. Please comment. :"D
I'll update tomorrow. Or today.